WWE Money In The Bank 2013

Arch Stanton

Predictions Poll  

79 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

20130606_HEADER_MITB.png

It's time for Money In The Bank. 14-07-2013 Live on SKY SPORTS THREE, 1am.

On paper this is actually a pretty well stacked card. The build may not have been terrific, but as always with WWE PPV, the match quality should be right up there.

_TEMPLATE_EP_LIGHT_MITB_matches_cena-henry_C-hompepage%202.jpg

The build for this started spectacularly but has fizzled out in recent weeks, they were never going to get any hotter than that brilliant Mark Henry retirement speech. I don't see Mark winning the title, as much as I'd love that. A lot of people would love that, actually. I think a clean Cena victory to end the show would seem really flat, so if this goes on last, I think there is a small chance that something unexpected might happen.

20130624_EP_LIGHT_MITB_matches_HW-championship_C-homepage.jpg

I'm not arsed about this, although I think it should be a fine match. Dolph's face turn has been a mess so far and I've been given no reason to root for him. Will he win the belt back so quickly? Will the latest MITB winner be ready to pounce on the winner whatever the outcome in this match?

20130701_EP_LIGHT_MITB_matches_7man_homepage.jpg

Kane's out after he was brained by the Wyatt's on Raw (this was confirmed on this week's SmackDown). I think six competitors is a better number for a MITB match anyway, although they could still look to replace Kane in the match. You have to imagine that if the Wyatt Family are to appear at all tonight (and you think they really ought to), then this match may be the one to interfere with. I'm intrigued to see how this will play out. Looking forward to seeing how good RVD looks and how big a reaction he gets from the Philly crowd.

20130626_EP_LIGHT_MITB_matches_WHW-champ_C-homepage.jpg

I don't know why I'm supposed to care about a match with seven heels and not a single babyface. This seems a really bizarrely booked match. The only intrigue lies in the fact that there is no clear cut favourite going into it.

20130701_EP_LIGHT_MITB_matches_miz-axel_C-homepage.jpg

I like Axel and I really don't expect them to derail his push by having him drop the IC belt so soon.

20130701_EP_LIGHT_MITB_matches_Divas_C-HOMEPAGE.jpg

The build to this has actually been pretty great, one of the best Divas feuds for a long time. If you saw SmackDown, the contract signing segment was really well done and featured a table spot I'd never seen before which I really enjoyed. I'm actually looking forward to this one!

20130624_EP_LIGHT_MITB_matches_JERICHO-RYBACK_C-HOMEPAGE.jpg

Ryback surely wins this one, although I would really piss myself laughing if he didn't. It looks like they are about to put Vickie Guerrero together with Ryback, but I don't know if we will see this happen tonight or if they will leave that development for Raw tomorrow.

20130701_EP_LIGHT_MITB_matches_tagteam_C-HOMEPAGE.jpg

Shame for The Shield that their stock has dropped to pre-show match level, but I guess that they like to have an entertaining match for the pre-show these days to try to tempt people into last minute PPV buys. This should certainly be a strong match, albeit not the most unpredictable. They have done a good job of promoting the Usos in recent weeks to a level where they can be seen as good competition for The Shield, but don't expect them to win.

Paddy Power are offering bets on all the matches here.

Interestingly, they make Randy Orton and Damien Sandow the favourites for the MITB matches. Mark Henry is 5/1 to beat John Cena. Not bad value for a DQ or Count Out decision. If anybody can pick out an accumulator there's good money to be made tonight.

Make all your pre-show predictions and do all your post-show complaining here...

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Bryan is the obvious winner, but this could be one of those nights where they think its all to predictable and throw a spanner in there. Especially with Bryan getting chants during the Wyatt segment, you could see them doing a six man at SummerSlam, so that would take Bryan out of the title picture.

RVD's a wildcard I think. There was no way you could have predicted the momentum he's got and the way they are pushing his return. He'd have been on Raw at least once if there they weren't trying to retain his aura and make him looks super special. A lot of people are throwing his name around as a potential winner, which I would never have believed a month ago. Now its possible, I reckon. Him receiving the case could be a good storyline to keep him going strong for longer. What do you do with him after MITB?

If rumourzzzz are the be believed, he was set to return as a heel and side with Heyman, but the strong reactions swayed their decision and kept him off TV until tonight. RVD could win it, turn heel during Brock's match with Punk at SummerSlam (Van Daminator Punk or something) and you could do Punk vs RVD and Heyman for the briefcase following SummerSlam.

• Paid Members

Barrett to win. They've had him earmarked for a title reign for a while, and even though he has fuck all momentum going in, that's never stopped them in the past, they have who they want to win, win. None of the others are anywhere near ready to lift a big title, even the secondary big title, except possibly Ambrose at a push, but that would be a waste of the briefcase novelty. If they wanted The Shield to have the world title, then they can win it through their usual interference and chicanery. They don't need a briefcase-related sneak attack to steal a belt.

Ambrose has to win, surely?

In terms of the All Stars match, my money is increasingly on Orton. Unless they have another surprise lined up as a replacement for Kane (which would be weird, and ultimately detract from RVD), then I have the favourite as Orton. The only other possible scenario I can think of is; Bray Wyatt is chucked in at the last minute and thanks to the family sneaks a win, tomorrow on Raw Bryan starts a feud with Wyatt over the attack on Kane (but, more, over the briefcase) and Kane, ultimately, returns at Summerslam during a match between Bryan/Wyatt for the case, swerving and costing Bryan the match.

• Paid Members

I dont think Punk or Bryan need it, and neither Sheamus nor Christian warrant it, so for me its between Orton and RVD. I think RVD will get it, for the reasons that Ian stated, plus its his hometown so the pop could be great, and its not that difficult to take the briefcase off him if they want at a later date. It'll keep him looking strong and sort out some of his post MITB booking, because if he doesnt win the case, then I see midcard mediocrity in his very near future. Orton is still teetering around that main event level, in terms of the way he is presented and protected. So, winning the briefcase could be a step in the right direction if they ever want to run with him as a headliner again.

How out of place does Christian look in that line up?

I think Barrett to win the WHC briefcase and if Ziggler wins despite taking a few head kicks from Del Rio a Barrett cash in tonight could be a possibility.

I like the thought of RVD returning and winning but I think it will probably be Orton that gets it. Also I'm with Arch I can't see a clean Cena win in the main event happening.

Rest of the card should be pretty entertaining and hopefully the Wyatt Family show up at some stage.

If they wanted The Shield to have the world title, then they can win it through their usual interference and chicanery. They don't need a briefcase-related sneak attack to steal a belt.

Yeah, but they can build Barrett up for a title shot without the briefcase as well (in theory, at least). The great thing about Ambrose winning would be the teases as The Shield start heading down to the ring when the champion's there. Other than Fandango and maybe Sandow at a push, there's not much interesting about the other contestants that would make cash-in teases unique. I bet Cesaro or Cody Rhodes wins it anyway, because they're the two that are never going to get over on their own merits.

They'd be fucking bonkers to have Barrett win and not at least tease a cash-in in England.

If it was me i'd have (and, I know this is technically a face turn, I guess) Barrett come out to a felled champion tomorrow, everyone going batshit about him cashing in, then have him cut a promo about the only bigger advantage he can have other than a physical headstart, is a hometown advantage and then announce he's cashing in at a future taping in the UK. They could spend the next however many months hyping the shit out of it.

I mean, it'd be a shame it wasn't for the WWE title but it'd still be massive.

Money in the Bank is one of my favourite cards of the year and this one should be good. There are some uncertainties on the card.

All likelyhood is Cena to retain against Mark Henry but I wouldn't be surprise of Mark wins ala Night of Champions 2011. I hate the angle where you don't think Cena can lift Henry for the AA. He can do it easily, he has done on him before and on many super heavyweights in the past. Its completely unoriginal.

As far as the All Stars MITB match goes, I go with Orton to win like most people. D-Bry to win is too obvious and doesn't need it to fight Cena anyway. They have the Bella twins for that *rolls eyes*. RVD could be a real outsider and I hope he is motivated as he wasn't in TNA.

With the World Title MITB match I predict Barratt to win for the reasons Air Raid stated. However Ambrose has the next best shot because Reigns and Rollins may interfere. I don't see Sandow winning it but I reckon he will start a fued with a face turn by Cody Rhodes. They have been teasing dissension for a little bit and this match will further that.

Del Rio to retain the title by deliberate DQ and Ziggler to smash him afterwards just like they did with Orton against Christian at MITB 2011. This may make Ziggler likeable as he isn't at the moment.

I don't care who wins with Jericho and Ryback but it probably will be Jericho. I know he is meant to be going away with Fozzy soon, so maybe the Wyatt family will come down and destroy Jericho to put him out for a while.

AJ, Axel and The Shield will all retain their titles as well. Shame the tag title match will be on the pre show, but it was supposedly dropped due to time constraints, as the MITB ladder matches will go long.

• Paid Members

For what its worth, RVD had a ladder match with Bobby Roode last year and it was quite amazing. I'm expecting nothing less than RVD doing all his flying shit tonight. He's still a great stunt match wrestler. He's at least going to be good in a ladder match. I saw Van Dam in a match with Tommy Dreamer the other week and he looked good in that as well.

I wouldn't be surprised if they repeated the finish of the Roode match, where RVD falls from the top of the ladder hooking his leg between the rung and making it look as if he's broke his leg. That finish was cracking.

I had a look at PP earlier. Christian 50/1, Any Other Wrestler (I.e. If someone subs for Kane) 14/1.

I've gone RVD, Barrett and No cash-in tonight.

RVD will get one hell of a reception (I reckon he'll come out last) and think they'll have win it to keep the crowd onside. Gone w/ Barrett as I read he was planned to win it last year before getting injured

Archived