James Gandolfini passes away

iamtheman

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Jesus fucking Christ! :(

The Sopranos was probably the first show that I liked so much I had to figure out how torrents worked, so I could watch it at US pace. One of my favourite shows and an incredible actor/character. I'm gutted, absolutely gobsmacked.

• Paid Members

Gutted. I love The Sopranos. I know people always say this in these threads but I really was watching him as recently as yesterday. I think I posted in the DVDs/Films thread a few weeks ago that my sister got me the Sopranos boxset as an early birthday present, so I've been working my way through it the last few weeks. Surprised he was born in 1961, he was younger than my Mom.Sad to hear this. RIP.

• Moderators

Juror #6. He was amazing in the Ossie Davies version of 12 Angry Men as the hard working and super respectful labourer, on top of his fine turns in True Romance and The Sopranos.12 Angry Men is the real test of an actors chops, and he carried it off with aplomb. Godspeed and enjoy the GABBAGOOL.

Absolutely gutted about this. The guy was awesome in everything that he did from True Romance, Crimson Tide, The Castle, zero dark thirty and many other movies.Obviously he will always be remembered for playing Tony Soprano which was a spectacular role. He was that damn good in it that he could convince you that you knew Tony on a personal level. I'm currently watching the entire series for the 7th time. Infact I only started again today. The show was a masterpiece and there has never been a show that good since.A great actor who will be sorely missed no doubt.R.I.P James Gandolfini

• Paid Members

Jesus fuck.Just horrible news to wake up to. Celebrity deaths rarely affect me, but this one is a real punch in the gut. I re-watched the whole Sopranos run earlier in the year, and it was as good as ever.I just feel so sad about this news. I can't believe how sad I feel about it, to be honest. This is somebody I don't know and have never met, yet I feel like a cousin or a uncle or something died :(I have to say that in Zero Dark Thirty he didn't look that healthy to me....

• Paid Members

Awful news, such a loss. In my opinion, we never saw anywhere as much of him in movies a we should've. Brilliant actor, compelling as Tony Soprano. I don't normally get down about celebs dying, but this one is truly gutting.

Archived