James Gandolfini passes away

iamtheman

I cant admit to seeing all of his work, but I am a huge fan of the Sopranos and James's portrayal‎ of Tony Soprano is as fine as anything you will see on film or TV. He absolutely WAS that character and made you both hate him and love him all at the same time and you never got tired of throughout all 6 series.

51 is no age to go. RIP big man.

the-sopranos-silvio-tony-paulie.jpg

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sad news, though he's never looked a picture of health. I guess this means that I have to give up my completely groundless dream of a Sopranos film.

• Paid Members

Man, rubbish news. Hell of an actor and no age to go. As Tony Soprano he reminds me and my brother (who txt me the news this morning) of my Dad massively. My Dad isn't some Mafioso boss or anything (as far as I know) but its just everything from his size, his manner, the way he carries himself, his temper, his relationships, about the same age too. Just about everything really. And there's a particular scene very early on in the show, in the first series I think with him and AJ. Just a little thing at the end of the show, a quite heart-warming bit where he's dishing out two bowls of ice cream and they throw some M'n'Ms in. Something about that scene has always vividly reminded me of me and my father.

• Paid Members

Sad news, though he's never looked a picture of health. I guess this means that I have to give up my completely groundless dream of a Sopranos film.

Apparently there was something in the pipeline that would have had Gandolfini in it that covered the Soprano family from when they moved from Italy to the States. Not sure if it was supposed to be a movie or for TV,

• Paid Members

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiit, this is the first celebrity death that I've felt properly affected by. The Sopranos was hands-down my favourite TV show ever, I rewatch them all every year and it remains the only TV show that I actually own the DVD boxset for, rather than just the downloads. It was probably never, ever going to happen anyway but I always secretly hoped that they would bring out a new season or two or something along those lines but that definitely won't be happening now (and probably for the better to be fair).

R.I.P Big Fella.

galloway2_zpsa53aa76b.jpg

EDIT: Ha, it's been that long since I posted that I forget my profile pic was the Bada Bing sign.

Surprised he was so young, I was watching the Juror the other night which must've been mid 90s, and he looked about 51 in that.I'm starting to think i'm about the only person never to have saw the Sopranos. If I watched TV shows, I suspect i'd probably like it too.

Such a shame for a brilliant actor to die so young, I loved The Sopranos as a kid and re-watched the show again last year and still loved every minute of it, been craving for a show like The Sopranos ever since but never found one so far, James Gandolfini played the character of Tony Soprano brilliantly, you couldn't help but fear Tony Soprano but also want to be his friend as well.

• Paid Members

Paulie was my favourite character. He was fucking great. The episode where he's lost with Christopher in the woods trying to kill some Russian bloke, was probably the best episode of the Sopranos, and Paulie was brilliant in that. "I lost my shoe". And the episode where Christopher caught him sniffing Adriana's pants.

Archived