"You like wrestling?"

King Pitcos

I went to a barbeque once having forgotten that I'd put my Randy Orton t-shirt on to do the dishes. Kept my jacket on and zipped up all day. In the middle of July.

Orton's shirts are kind of Affliction-esque though, aren't they? Can't see why that'd be too embarrassing.
Affliction shirts are embarrassing as well though. When ever I see someone walking about in an affliction or tapout T-shirt I always think them a fool.
I have to agree there, it's made funnier by the majority of people wearing them are either very overweight and they're cheap in Sports Direct or they're Jersey Shore meatheads. In fact the majority of MMA shirts are fuck ugly.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I get it at the opposite end. I still have people who remember me from when I was heavily into wrestling start talking to me about it and my response is usually a shrug of the shoulders and a "I haven't a clue what you're on about mate". That said, I've just bought a Blu Ray player and I've been donated TLC 2011. I may get round to watching it if I have a spare 4 hours :)

I get it at the opposite end. I still have people who remember me from when I was heavily into wrestling start talking to me about it and my response is usually a shrug of the shoulders and a "I haven't a clue what you're on about mate".

Yeah I get that as well.One friend who is still super into wrestling was listing every good match Jericho has had since his comeback this year, I zoned out for about 10 mins with just a nod of the head every so often to appease him. Only T-Shirt I have is the CM Punk "Best In The World" one, some lad complimented me on it in the Uni Library about a 18 months back, seemed a decent sort and we had a bit of chat that resulted in us talking a bit about UFC as well. The story Magnum posted above sounds like a right nightmare.

• Paid Members

I was saying about the ugliness of Tapout/Affliction shirts a while back in one of the MMA threads. Just a horrible mess of skulls, pitbulls, dragons etc. And pretty much everyone I've ever seen wearing one of them in public has looked like a fake hardman twat. Usually a morbidly fat one as well. Does Neidhart own a non-Tapout item of clothing these days? He never takes that red shirt off now does he? The thing must be stuck-fast to his sweaty belly hair by now.

Fucking hell, those wolf t shirts are the pits. Even in the early 90s I thought they were awful but I still see them about now. When I see a young person wearing them I feel like calling social services.

Archived