"You like wrestling?"

King Pitcos

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It blows my little mind that you lot go out wearing wrestling shirts and expect not to get rumbled. Really, what the fuck are you thinking!?

I always just think nobody except little kids would recognise the shirts. They generally don't have pictures of wrestlers on, do they? My Santino shirt got a lot of chat in a nightclub once, my Miz shirt nobody ever associates it with wrestling but I've had loads of "that shirt's cool, where did you get it?" ("Er.... Oh, I bought it online from America") comments, I don't think anyone's ever rumbled my Cena shirt but it seems like they would. The Kofi shirts could just be golliwog/cannabis memorabilia, nobody ever knows what the Evan Bourne shirt's about, and I dread to think what anyone would think the Air Boom shirt was from.

I recall someone on here wore a CM Punk t-shirt to the cinema and got some plonker screaming "Best in the world!" at them.

That was me. Worst part was he shouted it once and I didn't really react, so he did it after the film as well.Generally I find I'm alright with people who 'catch me out'. They're usually a little surprised at first but after a while they come out of the woodwork a bit more. Like SOC says, inevitably they still watch little bits here and there. Someone who I had no idea even had an interest in wrestling asked me on Sunday if I was going to stay up to watch Payback. Aside from that dickhead at the cinema, generally speaking I've been lucky enough to avoid the proper mongy ones.

It's bad when people say things to which you can't respond. I only own one wrestling shirt, a Punk one, and one day going into work a security guard said 'HEY! CM PUUUUUUUNK!'. There was an awkward silence, then I just said 'yeah man!' and walked off. Odd.

• Moderators

I recall someone on here wore a CM Punk t-shirt to the cinema and got some plonker screaming "Best in the world!" at them.

That was me. Worst part was he shouted it once and I didn't really react, so he did it after the film as well.
See, that's what I don't get, I was rocking my nWo shirt in Yates's Wine Bar one time and this bloke just shouts "NWO! HOLLYWOOD!". Yeah, you recognize my shirt, that doesn't mean I'm your friend and going to speak to you and we'll become BFF's talking about the wrestling.

1width280height280appearanceId2_zps1c884ddc.png

I did own something very similar to this about 10 years ago. Seems the places I wore it didn't have a lot of Puro fans, as no one mentioned it. I did get complimented on a Battle Royale t-shirt once however. which is a tenuous link I suppose.

I did compliment someone in a club on their CM Punk in a club once, and it ended in pretty much the same way as d-d-d-dAz's story, with an awkward silence, and a 'thanks'. I'd like to believe I slightly more subdued about it, probably not though; given the circumstances.

I went to a barbeque once having forgotten that I'd put my Randy Orton t-shirt on to do the dishes. Kept my jacket on and zipped up all day. In the middle of July.

Orton's shirts are kind of Affliction-esque though, aren't they? Can't see why that'd be too embarrassing.I've only ever had two wrestling t-shirts- Cena's "Ruck Fules" number when I was 15, thought it was somehow edgy at the time. And Eddie Guerrero's Scarface rip-off "Latino Heat" shirt, which I still wear on occasion. Wrestling must be more socially acceptable in Australia than in the UK, as an adult nobody even raises an eyebrow at wrestling, plenty of people I know- mates and acquaintances- still watch it. The usual routine when people notice the shirt is, "Oh, Scarface, cool," then it's "Aww yeah, Eddie Guerrero, he was mad, he's dead now, yeah?"

I dont see the embarrassment of wearing wrestling tshirts in public...sure, i wouldn't wear one with a massive pic of The Rock or John Cena's head, but as a fan then its a way of showing our love of it...Its like wearing a band tshirt..i have about a dozen Iron Maiden shirts, and i wear them regularly without giving a shit...the thing is, those who know you know you like wrestling...and those that don't know you...their opinion doesn't matter anyway. Not that i'm the coolest guy around anyway... :thumbsup:

I was out checking out a venue with work a couple of years back and there was a guy working there who must have been in his mid 20s in the full John Cena get up, shirt, jorts, sweatbands the lot. Needless to say I didn't make it known to him that I was a wrestling fan!

The other thing happens as well. Occasionally I'll be at the sports centre going to the gym and a kid will be wearing a Cena or Punk t-shirt and a little bit of me will want to say something like "cool t-shirt" or "Cena sucks" because, well, it's rare to meet another wrestling fan. But then I consider how it might look for a 36 year old man to start talking to a random child about men in pants, and think better of it.Because it's ok to wear a wrestling shirt when you're 12, but not ok to wear one when your 36. I don't make the rules, but there it is.

• Moderators

I went to a barbeque once having forgotten that I'd put my Randy Orton t-shirt on to do the dishes. Kept my jacket on and zipped up all day. In the middle of July.

Orton's shirts are kind of Affliction-esque though, aren't they? Can't see why that'd be too embarrassing.
Affliction shirts are embarrassing as well though. When ever I see someone walking about in an affliction or tapout T-shirt I always think them a fool.

Orton's shirts are kind of Affliction-esque though, aren't they? Can't see why that'd be too embarrassing.
Affliction shirts are embarrassing as well though. When ever I see someone walking about in an affliction or tapout T-shirt I always think them a fool.
Completely disagree, as tapout and affliction have some really nice tees, but wrestling shirts are a def no no if past 12 years old.

Archived