"You like wrestling?"

King Pitcos

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

9ab8bb4e-a55c-47c6-8372-916c68c4b860-S280x280.jpg

I bought this from Urban Outfitters. Why? Because it's fucking Hulk Hogan that's why and I couldn't resist. I don't have the guts to wear it out the house but then...it's from Urban Outfitters so that must mean it's trendy right?

I wonder if Hulk got any royalties out of it.

• Paid Members

I bought that Hulk t-shirt from Urban Outfitters too. I posted it in the 'Cool t-shirts' thread in Off-Topic last month. I think it's bad ass, plus it's not necessarily an admission of wrestling fandom. I'll quite happily wear that one in public.Also picked up a cool Andre design from H&M.

One time when i was walking school with my mate in 97 we walked by the shop and the shopkeeper came out and told me my wrestling mags were in. I tried being like WTF is he talking about but there was no going back after that. I'd been rumbled.

i go to all my concerts with my yes yes yes t shirt on and get some cracking reactions !1

I went to see Paramore in London the Friday before 'Mania wearing that T-Shirt. Hayley saw and helped me start a Yes! chant, then went of on a tangent saying she was cheering Punk against Undertaker.

It's rather frustrating the way some people will react to a person like wrestling. I've found people very ignorant about a bloke in this twenties liking sports-entertainment. Individuals will frown upon it as if it is illegal for a grown man to enjoy watching wrestling. It's rather frustrating. In recent years I mention it to most people and don't feel the need to be embarrassed about watching it as there is much worse things to be into. If I suddenly transformed into one of those fat smelley fans who are difficult to guess what gender they are, then then it becomes an issue I'd guess. I wear wreslting t-shirts all the time, sometimes you get some bloke looking at you and you know they reconize the N W O initials which have been printed on the finest Fruit of the Loom cotton you are wearing which has been sourced from someones lounge in Stoke on Trent after purchasing off eBay. I wear my Barbed Shop Window one which says "I MAKE YOUR GIRLFRIEND MARK OUT". People ask what it means, and I go "Ahhh, you know..", and they're like "Oh you! nice t-shirt mate".

• Moderators

It's only embarrassing because of the behaviour of most wrestling fans. I don't tell everyone I meet I like Rugby, Come Dine With Me, or having full sex with ladies, so why would I tell everyone I like wrestling? A lot of wrestling fans seem to have this need to let everyone know they like wrestling. Why? You don't get a prize for it.

Yeah. I totally get that. I went to a Fozzy gig a couple years ago at the Relentless Garage. Now, I know it would attract alot of wrestling fans because of Jericho... but I'm genuinely a fan of Fozzy. I dig their music as it is my 'sort' of music. I was pretty chuffed I can say I didn't just go because it was a wrestler because the 'wrestling' fans were foul during that show, yelling the rudest things at Jericho and his bandmates. They went as wrestling fans, but music fans, and it affected the vibe of the show completely.

Maybe that's the difference with me and my group of mates. There's teachers, lawyers, sports journalists... who just happen to like wrestling. These guys that run around shouting like idiots, it seems to be their whole identity.About Fozzy, saw them earlier this year. I'm a wrestling fan first, but I also love Fozzy's new record. I actually felt bad for the other band members when people were chanting "Jericho" and "Y2J". People don't chant "Hetfield" at Metallica gigs.

• Paid Members

Oh god, I used to have that exact wolf shirt when I was about 14, and to make things even worse I cut the sleeves off because I thought that would only increase the cool factor. My main regret from my college days probably has to be that I wore my DX 'Suck It' jersey way too often. People must have though I was a right tool, and it got me trapped in way too many awkward conversations with the Down Syndrome kids that shared parts of our campus.But yeah, I've found very few people will actually give you stick for liking wrestling unless you either act embarrassed or just embarrassing about it. Generally people either couldn't give a fuck about wrestling, used to be fans when it was more popular, or at the very least have a handful of memories of it from their childhood that they want to share with you. I've had the odd dickhead who's had to make it clear that they think its a joke, but wrestling doesnt really seem to be one of those things anyone hates with a passion, and it attracts more indifference if anything.

It bugs me to, but I love how eventually they all chant 'Fozzy! Fozzy! Fozzy!' - almost feels triumphant. I've been to 3 Fozzy shows in 2 years at Brighton Concorde, and each time I've been dead front and centre, and have also stayed out to meet the band. They are all top guys, who are passionate about what they do and appreciative of their fan base. In April, there were two fans 'fandango-ing' and just generally shitting over Fozzy, and I was so pissed off. I spoke to Rich about it after the show and he just shrugged it off and said whatever they do, they will always get that type of crowd. When asked if it annoyed him, he just laughed it off and said if it wasn't for these people and Jericho's name, there probably would be no crowd to perform in front of. If anything, it seems like Jericho gets most annoyed by the wrestling attention. He popped into the local club after the show, and I asked him about those fans and he was much less calm!I guess his loss to Fandango was still fresh

Archived