"You like wrestling?"

King Pitcos

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was saying about the ugliness of Tapout/Affliction shirts a while back in one of the MMA threads. Just a horrible mess of skulls, pitbulls, dragons etc. And pretty much everyone I've ever seen wearing one of them in public has looked like a fake hardman twat. Usually a morbidly fat one as well. Does Neidhart own a non-Tapout item of clothing these days? He never takes that red shirt off now does he? The thing must be stuck-fast to his sweaty belly hair by now.

But who's more of a fashion icon - Neidhart in his Red TapOut or Dynamite Kid in his Blue Lonsdale?

The cream chinos really tie the whole look together.

Gotta love tucking the t-shirt into the chinos as well.When is that photo from? I could really be any year from about 1994 onwards. I went to school with guys who looked exactly like that.

Quite a few of the kids I teach are into Wrestling so we tend to chat about it quite alot over lunchtimes when I'm on duty. They don't understand why I'm a fan of the bad guys, even though they're 12/13 - alot of them are still 'uneducated' when it comes to wrestling. It's quite sweet really.Last Christmas, I was in the school panto, and my character won a date on Take Me Out. When I was performing in front of the kids who I chat Wrestling with, I started going 'Yes! Yes! Yes!' and got a micro chant started. Pretty Awesome.I don't really hide my fandom. There's alot worse things one can be obsessive about.

Fucking hell, those wolf t shirts are the pits. Even in the early 90s I thought they were awful but I still see them about now. When I see a young person wearing them I feel like calling social services.

The amount of kids I've seen wearing stuff similar to what I wore in the early 90s is fucking shocking since they weren't even born then. I saw a pair of these on sale in a shop the other week.IMG_4000.JPGI used to love my pair of BKs.

The cream chinos really tie the whole look together.

Gotta love tucking the t-shirt into the chinos as well.When is that photo from? I could really be any year from about 1994 onwards. I went to school with guys who looked exactly like that.
So did they.

I once wore a pair of chinos my mum had bought me to a barn dance, when I was about 14. I got terrible stains on them from the straw bales, looked like I'd pissed myself. Never again.I really did dress for shit when I was that age though. Willy's Surf shack t-shirts, global hypercolour stuff. Tan socks. I had hair like a blonde afro. I suffered from hand-me-down syndrome, where I got all my older brother's clothes which were 3 years out of date, and didn't fit.

A BARN DANCE? More. I need to hear far, far more.

It's a memory from my youth that has no connection to any other memories, but I'm fairly sure I didn't dream it. Bear in mind I grew up in the country, soMy parents got wind of some sort of "youth event" happening, and for some reason thought I should take a break from playing on the Spectrum, painting miniatures and falling out of trees, and so they took me out and bought me "clothes for a disco" which was basically chinos and a shirt. I must have been something like 13 or 14.I got dumped out of the car in the middle of fucking nowhere in Dorset, at a barn, where someone had set up a disco. There were about 30 guys, who I didn't know, and 30 girls, who again I didn't know. There was no booze, but soft drinks. Pretty much everyone did absolutely nothing for about 3 hours, the girls were all one side of the dancefloor and the boys the other. Then my parents turned up and picked me up. I think they could tell I'd had such a shit time they never tried it again.Ironically, add 10 years and a pocket full of Es, and I used to love going to dance in fields in the middle of nowhere :thumbsup:

• Paid Members

I suffered from hand-me-down syndrome, where I got all my older brother's clothes which were 3 years out of date, and didn't fit.

I'm stealing that. Outstanding.

It blows my little mind that you lot go out wearing wrestling shirts and expect not to get rumbled. Really, what the fuck are you thinking!? What I tend to notice is, there's a lot more of us at heart than you realise. Not proper still watch it loads and proper bum it types, but those that have stopped watching it because its what you should do when you grow up but really, you can tell they secretly kinda wish they could still watch it, but the laws of life don't allow it. The giveaway with this is whenever wrestling happens to be on the telly in a bar/pub after some real sport has finished. Loads of lads will be having a sly watch.I had a picture of a Macho Man figure holding an Alien toy at gunpoint as my phone wallpaper the other week, it rang and somebody saw it. I'm sure I've had worse situations, but they've usually been when I've been in a room full of the creatures. I actually find its a little more socially acceptable these days and Daz' assessment of a 'casual' asking you about it isn't so bad, which would probably be because of my earlier theory that they actually 'ironically' envy you.

i go to all my concerts with my yes yes yes t shirt on and get some cracking reactions !1

Archived