*Raw 20/05/13* *Spoilers*

Smh2013

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Never been a big fan of Chris Hero as a single (his team with Cesaro in Ring of Honor was really good), but his feud on NXT with Regal was fucking great. Ohno could be a good shout for Kaitlyn's admirer. If you are going to do anything with someone of his look and physique, putting him with Kaitlyn would be a decent fit. He's seems like a bloke who'd say "I choo-choo-choose you".

• Paid Members

I've mainly seem him in IWA MS rather than ROH, but Chris Hero can go. At least from 2004-2006, the era I'm mostly familiar with him he was an utterly excellent technical wrestler. I haven't seem much NXT but if he was brilliant in 2004 I can only imagine how great he is now. Hero's definitely the kind of guy I can see Paul E embracing as "a Heyman guy" anyway. Yeah he might not be built like Ryback but he excels at technical wrestling and with his skills a wee bit of podge round the midriff shouldn't matter too much - after all I read somewhere he was patterning himself off Barry Windham's physique. As I said I've not seen him for a while but I really can't imagine calling him "Kassius Ohno". It's just a horrible name compared to Chris Hero and the latter suits him far more than the latter. Then again they did such a great job with Danielson so I guess it all comes down to the stories he's given.

• Paid Members
after all I read somewhere he was patterning himself off Barry Windham's physique.

Barry Windham was a blond haired stud in cowboy boots. Chris Hero is more comparable to Garth off Wayne's World. He could have the body of a greek God, but he still has a Shaggy off Scooby Doo look about it. With his lazy eyes and what can only be described as a "Doggy mouth". He's a decent wrestler, but they've got plenty of them. He should have a character where he is exclusive to vignettes of him knocking about shopping centres.

If Cesaro is getting the arse ripped out of him, Kassius Ohno should have no chance on the main roster.

• Moderators

Really? From what I've seen from him in 04-06 it's "technical" wrestling in the pound shop indie style. IE: Chain wrestling which doesn't go anywhere, working on anything body part as long as it looks like chain wrestling, and makes no sense in the context of the longer match (which he would also do in that god awful "epic" style which is never epic). It's not technical at all really. The anti-Ted Dibiase, if anything.

And I dunno why he patterned himself on Windham when Windham was either A) Skinny, B) filled out wide or C) Fat Barry. Hero's never looked like a wrestler like Windham did when he was in B or C, physique wise.

However, NXT has done wonders for him. Working with talents like Terry Taylor and the like training him and telling him what to do and when has done him wonders.

Adam Rudman's run as the head writer on the creative team did not last long, according to a report by the SEScoops website. Rudman, who took over the job when Eric Pankowski was fired, was reportedly then let go just six weeks later

the wwe are the blackburn of wrestling

• Paid Members

I really don't think Curtis Axel is an awful wrestling name. Certainly, it's way better than some of the shite they come up with. His theme song is absolutely brilliant, though; I was being well cool and blaring it on my MP3 player on the way to work.

Old Curtis seems to be well regarded by the important people (it helps people loved his Dad, mind). They selected him to be The Rock's 'training partner' when he was trying to get back his timing, before his PPV matches. He'll need to be more than a "solid hand" if he doesn't want to be a bit of filler for Heyman until Punk/Lesnar come back. They've given him a cracking chance, though - Heyman as his manager and getting thrown into an angle with Triple H and main eventing Raw.

I thought Ryback looked like The Don standing on the ambulance. He needs to find better jeans, although his leather jacket was suitably tacky.

• Paid Members
I really don't think Curtis Axel is an awful wrestling name. Certainly, it's way better than some of the shite they come up with. His theme song is absolutely brilliant, though; I was being well cool and blaring it on my MP3 player on the way to work.

Old Curtis seems to be well regarded by the important people (it helps people loved his Dad, mind). They selected him to be The Rock's 'training partner' when he was trying to get back his timing, before his PPV matches. He'll need to be more than a "solid hand" if he doesn't want to be a bit of filler for Heyman until Punk/Lesnar come back. They've given him a cracking chance, though - Heyman as his manager and getting thrown into an angle with Triple H and main eventing Raw.

I thought Ryback looked like The Don standing on the ambulance. He needs to find better jeans, although his leather jacket was suitably tacky.

Thought he showed charisma walking downto the ring, hopefully he makes something of it. The beard works for him and that theme is absolute quality, it's a shame he can't grow out his dads blonde locks.

Despite all the mistakes they've made with Ryback he still has....something which is a testament to the man. I wish they'd strap a rocket to him as it certainly seems like he'd be able to handle it.

• Paid Members
I've mainly seem him in IWA MS rather than ROH, but Chris Hero can go. At least from 2004-2006, the era I'm mostly familiar with him he was an utterly excellent technical wrestler. I haven't seem much NXT but if he was brilliant in 2004 I can only imagine how great he is now. Hero's definitely the kind of guy I can see Paul E embracing as "a Heyman guy" anyway. Yeah he might not be built like Ryback but he excels at technical wrestling and with his skills a wee bit of podge round the midriff shouldn't matter too much - after all I read somewhere he was patterning himself off Barry Windham's physique. As I said I've not seen him for a while but I really can't imagine calling him "Kassius Ohno". It's just a horrible name compared to Chris Hero and the latter suits him far more than the latter. Then again they did such a great job with Danielson so I guess it all comes down to the stories he's given.

He was described as menacing though, that's got to be the last word i'd use to describe him and his appearance. And Kassius Ohno is a far better name than Chris Hero, I like that name a lot, it's one of the better names that's been mustered up by them for me and I think it suits him quite nicely. Chris Hero is the shittest name ever. It's one of those that I associate with those early 00's indy days that have been discussed on here recently, I couldn't get into it when most were raving about it but one of the most apparent things at the time was just how horrible all their names were and this is by wrestling standards where the majority of names are naff - Chris Hero, Samoa Joe, Amazing Red, AJ Styles, CM Punk. God I hated all those names. I've gotten use to and come round to Punk and Styles but still hate all the others.

• Paid Members

Chris Hero is fucking crap. He was fucking crap when he was having 67 day long ladder matches with CM Punk in IWA-MS and he's still fucking crap now. I'd like to think he's been saddled with a hilariously shit name by someone who hates him in WWE by way of trolling him and his fans who still think that his glory days of being a fat CZW champion might mean something today. I hope he never gets called up unless it's as Hornswoggle's butler. And he can fuck off trying to be anything like Barry Windham as well. Barry was brilliant.

Didn't really like Raw. I audibly groaned when I saw Michael McGillicutty coming out until I heard his music which is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. Has Dillkid uploaded it to YouTube yet, I just want to listen to it over and over. I still don't care about Curtis Axel, though.

Ryback looked and sounded like a right idiot. Nurrr, I'm going to insult you fans now because I'm a heel and still shit.

I liked Layla tapping out on AJ's arse, though. That made my evening.

Archived