*Raw 20/05/13* *Spoilers*

Smh2013

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

It's not that funny. Unless I've missed something. I sincerely doubt that much of the reason John Cena or Lesnar are the stars they are is because they got to use their real names instead of one from WWE creative. Even if it is a good name. They only really started to give a major unstoppable shit about every 2nd generation or well known wrestler from the indies using a name that WWE would hold the rights to a few years back. You could call someone like Cena or Lesnar "Colin Bollocks" and they'd have got over anyway. People with It do.

I suppose it's kind of clever on WWE's part. They make the star in their eyes, so their hard work shouldn't be exploited in post WWE indies and Media. I suppose that's their take. The problem is that the names are just so fucking shite. I don't know if that's the fault of creative or the wrestler's themselves for not manning up and going "Nah, that's shite" like Foley did in '96. Or even if the wrestlers come up with it themselves now and again, like Chris Harris claimed.

I'm guessing the name might be a grower anyway. Curt Axel sounds (really, really) terrible now but after hearing it weekly for a while it won't seem nearly that bad. I thought Ziggler's name was worse at first, but it doesn't phase me now. I even quite like it.

• Paid Members

Curtis axel isn't even in the top five of the terrible names they've come up with. Dolph Ziggler? Michael mcguillicuty? Big E Langston? Matt Hardy??

• Moderators

The thought of RVD with his wet arse and his baldspot phoning it in on TV in 2013 filled me with dread anyway, to be honest. I'd happily never see him again after the last few years.

Just me then who thinks the Curtis Axel name is pretty good? Really interested in seeing what they do with the guy now, he was the drizzling shits as Mcgillicutty although his ringwork has really improved since breaking up with Otunga.

Wrestling fans are funny.

People kicking up about it being a shit push, and how Axel/Hennig/McGillicutty got buried in the end.

After last night, he's managed by a guy who we are constantly reminded is ace and only manages champions, shared a ring with Triple H, headlined a Raw and, by wrestling logic, can now brag he beat Hunter half to death.

Compare that to, say, 48 hours ago? ...I'd say he's doing alright.

His name should be Mr Larry C. PerfAx and he needs a better haircut still, but other than that I'm really glad to see the bloke get a shot. It's a bloody huge spot he's been given. Sink or swim time, junior.

The end to RAW was a funny one. I was just saying yesterday that they could have rehashed the whole "post concussion syndrome" thing that Shawn Michaels did years ago with Ziggler, what with his concussion (and the fact he's a heat-less heel who might benefit from a face turn). He fits a similar mold to Michaels - in the sense that there are hundreds of clips and spots that can be replayed to show what an amazing athlete and mad risk-taker he is. Then they go and do a very similar thing with HHH.

Seems a little OTT to have to do "Own Hart's Dead" voice two night in a row though.

I cant help think Michael Hennig would have been better but I dont have a problem with Curt Axel. I think this episode just reaffirmed to me how good Paul Heyman is, he revealed his latest 'Paul Heyman Guy' after the previous two were two of the biggest stars they have and revealed a guy whos been jobbing on Superstars for a few years and somehow made it good enough not to be shat on by the audience. I dont think theres anyone better than him for selling things with the mic.

Archived