*Raw 20/05/13* *Spoilers*

Smh2013

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know WWE like to create their own names so they own the copyright, but they used to make them a bit more glamourous, with at least some connection to the wrestler's real name, like Shawn Michaels, Randy Savage...

When did the WWE make up those names? The wrestlers in question went by those handles long before they ended up in New York.

Sorry, point I was making is that they didn't take huge leaps to get to some ridiculous name.

The guy's name is Joe Hennig. They changed this to Michael McGillicutty. Why not change it to something less nerdy, like Mike Cutter?

They changed Chris Hero, which is a great name, to Kassius Ohno!

They haven't done this to everyone though. Dean Ambrose, Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins aren't their real names, but they're not daft.

I just think how do they come up with such bizarre names?

• Paid Members

If there was never a wrestler called "Chris Hero" and WWE debuted a wrestler called "Chris Hero" tomorrow, people would piss themselves at how stupid it is. "Chris Hero". What type of name is that? Same with "Low Ki". Fucking dumb. "CM Punk". Eh? Fucking "Samoa Joe" is so shit even Major League Wrestling wouldn't use it and they used anyone who was indy wank. I remember when we first heard the name Samoa Joe in the Doxford Park library in 2001 when my mate was compiling together information for his Tony Jones fansite. We actually laughed. Real life giggles. We even spammed his message board ripping the piss out of the shite indy workers. It was only a few years late watching him on the wrestling channel where the name was taken over by how good he was. I'm no fan of the name "Curtis Axl", but most names are trivial.

Well, you didn't just come across as a weirdo...

Oh, do fuck off.

You brought up Austin Aries, for no reason, to prove a point no one was interested in, in an attempt to be funny. It wasn't.

It has no relation to the Austin Aries incident, is in no way comparable and it bores the arse off me when smart arse eejits drop snidey comments into unrelated discussions. We get it, you think it was a 'mountain out of a molehill'.

Since Hemme made clear her displeasure and now that the company/network have recognised him as a prick, and he's been fined and forced to apologise, i'd have thought the white knighting of Aries might have stopped. 'He was being a heel, innit?'.

But, please, continue to make funny comments about sexual harassment. It's great.

Archived