Ultimate Movie Villains

John Matrix

• Paid Members

hitcher.jpg

Rutger Hauer is the man at the best of times, but in the Hitcher he's also down right terrifying. Everyone watch it ASAP if you haven't seen it. Whilst I'm at it frankly it's a travesty that this hasn't been remastered for Blu-ray yet. It's absolutely brilliant and the cinematography is cracking.

Thornburg - Die Hard

richard%20thornburg.jpg

Nobody can out slime William Atherton

I'll see that and raise

harry-ellis-20071010011352501_640w.jpeg

Not a bad guy exactly, but the ultimate sleazeball. We're getting into "best henchmen" though which is a different category completely.

Chinatown%208%20Horror.jpg

That scene just haunts me, it's so awful and nobody is going to do anything to save her. One of the truly terrifying performances that.

Not really a movie, but

Mick.jpg

I guess scary rapist is a part that brings a certain amount of scariness with it, but every scene this guy was in was just horrible.

• Moderators
Chinatown%208%20Horror.jpg

That scene just haunts me, it's so awful and nobody is going to do anything to save her. One of the truly terrifying performances that.

Absolutely. I posted this picture on page one - the first thing I thought of when I turned my mind away from the action flicks.. I left the cinema feeling geniunely chilled by that ending.

• Paid Members

It's such an absolutely brilliant film as well. The fact that it doesn't really have a stand-out villain until those final few minutes is just part of its utter genius. I think it could be in my top 10 of all time now.

Particularly as he's not a prodigious actor, mainly a director. He absolutely nails that part though.

You can never recreate watching that film for the first time though, the creeping realisation that the plot is a LOT darker than you realise, and then still getting fucked up by the ending. One of the best endings of any film, incredible.

Polanski - kiddly fiddler, yes, but one of the best directors in his prime.

Edited by Loki

• Paid Members

I absolutely hated Chinatown and i'm a big fan of Jack Nicholson and John Huston (both on and off screen) it just moved at far too slow a pace for me and the multiple reveals at the end seemed to be absolutely all over the place, just wasn't for me I guess.

iselin.jpg

Angela Lansbury is a complete uber bitch in the Manchurian Candidate. Just thought I'd throw that out there. She's cold ,scheming, intrinsically evil and not afraid to use her own family for her nefarious plans.

It was either her or Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty as to I was going to put up, but to be fair they both should be here.

Maleficent-ScreenRant.jpg