Ultimate Movie Villains

John Matrix

• Paid Members

When I was about 8 I was a huge Schwarzenegger fan. Any film he touched was god like to me, but the man I wanted to be when I grew up was Bennett. He looked like the coolest man on earth, despite everything about him saying he shouldn't be, and was a right cunt with it. I still watch Commando and enjoy every moment of it, mostly because it's an amazing film, but there's that little bit on top because to me no one can ever get close to Bennett and Matrix for sheer cool.

Tong po is an amazing choice too and I'll add Kurgan. Merciless killer, rapes the leading heroes woman and brags about it and kills off a leading character. He looks like a right bastard every time he shows up.

Some one said the T1000, I'll suggest the Terminator. This is one of my favour films and in part it's because of the dynamic of man vs machine, and Arnold plays the heartless machine so well. The fact that they found a way to bring him back as the good guy two more time and to this day of Arnold's handful of lines most are iconic and synonyms with him always makes me warm inside when I watch it now.

That scene where Arnold's poking out his eye and cutting him self up, it just makes me believe how ruthless it is, how heartless and how it will do anything to kill. As a bad guy looking to wipe out mankind a beef up robot with an Austrian accent is hard to top.

Edited by Tommy!

He was also the thai boxer who's leg Chong Li snaps in Bloodsport.

Fuck me, I had no idea that was the same bloke. And I must have watched Bloodsport about a thousand times as a kid.

12bloodsport.jpg

Quite a transformation.

I had no idea till bout 3 months ago. Came up in a drunken conversation with some mates and I argued black and blue till someone got IMDB on their phone, then showed me the clip :(

• Paid Members

Fantastic thread and the absence of one villain in particular dragged me out of lurking...

tumblr_lkb0uaWKVe1qzm5e5o1_500.png

I didn't get around to watching One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest until I was finishing up at school and I couldn't get over just how much of an ice-cold bitch Nurse Ratched was. One of the few times a fictional villain has made me feel so angry.

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

Also her lack of any real comeuppance at the end just adds icing to the cake. The most hatable of all villains are the ones who get away with it.

• Paid Members

shawshank-redemption-warden.jpg

Your soul belongs to God Almighty, but your ass belongs to me.

Truly a despicable monster. A man who claims to be religious and righteous but is a corrupt, evil bastard who will use anyone for his own gain.

• Paid Members

From LA Confidential, Dudley Smith.

LA-Confidential-11.jpg

Charming, polite, willing to do things to deter organised crime that aren't strictly above board... and a

proclaiming he was the villain all along.

Maybe he got some lessons from this man.

johndoe_475165.jpg

spacey.jpg

Far less violent but all the more ingenious.

Edited by seph

• Paid Members

i mentioned him in the ball swelling thread but he really is one of the greatest movie villains ever and i will continue to preach the case of Richie Madano (played by William Forsythe):

3394788788_db73d5f40c.jpg

He lacks the cartoon nature of certain other 90's action villains and is generally one of the coldest muthafuckers ever committed to film.

* just noticed Metal on Metal mentions Richie on page 2, good shout!

Edited by Ebb