Ultimate Movie Villains

John Matrix

• Paid Members

Overkill? Maybe. But there's enough talk in other threads to suggest there's some mileage in this.

Couple of brilliant bad guy turns mentioned over in the manly films thread, Simon Pheonix from Demolition Man being the straw that broke the camels back for me, tremendous turn from Snipes.

I briefly spoke of my affections for Clarence Boddiker earlier today, as horrible bumholes go, he takes some beating - but my initial contribution would be that of Simon Yam's character Ching Fung in Run and Kill. Not sure it's a particularly watched film;

From IMDB:

Simon Yam who excels as Ching Fung, the loony who pushes our tubby good guy over the edge. Yam is no stranger to playing the bad guy, but in Run and Kill he gives us a truly scary villain. Ching Fung is so evil, he thinks nothing of setting fire to Fatty's daughter, and then tormenting the poor man by parading his girl's charred corpse in front of him. And then shooting the crispy remains for good measure.

Best line: "Daddy I'm all dark, can you recognize me?"

Edited by John Matrix

Fuck your negativity The Taking of Pelham was a good film (Minus the massive flaw of the young lad being able to get signal on his mobile internet connection whilst in the underground which wouldn't happen). Other than that is was quality.

One of my favourite Travolta films.

Edit - Fuck the reviews (On Imdb), weren't very good at all, 6.4 in fact.

Just to clarify I'm not classifying Ryder as one of the "best of all time" as he wasn't. I just really enjoyed Travolta portraying the Villain of Ryder in this film and have put him in my favourite 3 villains.

Edited by Twinn

• Paid Members

That's more like it, chokeout. Absolutely amazing film as well. Robert Mitchum is one of the greatest actors of all time and you can also throw his Max Cady into this thread as well.

If Twinn wasn't such a confounded moron then he would have suggested Robert Shaw from the original and amazing The Taking Of Pelham One Two Three. I'll give odds of 10/11 on a "There was an original?" reply, though.

Edited by Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

Alonzo Harris in Training Day

Clarence Boddicker scared the piss out of me as a kid!

Damon Killian in the Running Man was a great smarmy prick you wanted to see get a fist rammed into his stomach etc etc...

Barnes from Platoon. I hated Tom Berenger for years afterwards, which is a testament to how well he played that role.

Janine Cody from Animal Kingdom

Michael Rooker's wonderful Henry Lee Lucas

Brick Top in Snatch was a 'orrible cant

Gary Oldman in most things he plays a villain in...

The swine who shot Bambi's ma

I actually thought Max Cady ruled and routed for him far more than I did for the Bowden character.

There are a lot of cool villains like Frank Booth, Tyler Durden, Frank Costello, The Predator, Begbie, Pat Bateman et al, but I found myself loving them, so I wouldn't class them as villains, in the correct sense.

Alonzo Harris in Training Day

Certainly thread worthy, wish I'd mentioned that one now. I loved training day and the nude shot of Eva Mendez is certainly another plus. Talking about Denzel Washington I thought he was great in American Gangster.

Mickey & Mallory

url.jpeg

Just brilliant. Great soundtrack and I recently read online that Bret Hart was in this film too. I will need to rewatch it to keep and eye out for him.

I should have mentioned these two rather than Ryder to be honest. I just didn't put much thought and time into my post.

Steven Berkoff in pretty much anything. He is especially great as The Bible Bashing Hitman, Surtayne in Riders/Steal.

On a similar religious theme Dolph Lundgren in Johnny Mnemonic is utter class

Tong Fucking Po, from Kickboxer. Need a brother paralyzed and a girlfriend raped - he's your man.

265549.1.jpg

Dick Jones, Robocop. Every bit the cunt that Clarence was. A real corporate scumbag who deserves painful death.

DickJonesOCP.jpg

Frank Langella as Skeletor. Yeah, so obviously the He-Man film was total shit, but Frank Langella was fucking great as Skeletor. About a million times scarier than the camp, silly-voiced cartoon version and a genuinely creeper fucker (if you were to watch the film at the cinema aged about 7, as I did).

heman2-736569.jpg

• Paid Members
Gary Oldman in most things he plays a villain in...

Great shout. He plays the bastard/whackjob to a tee. Loved him in Leon.

Hans from Die Hard immediately came to mind just from seeing the thread title.

Different kind of villain but I'll throw in Ivan Drago from Rocky IV and Bolo in anything (but especially Bloodsport) for the 'monster villain' category. Both terrified me as a kid.