DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members
Super 8. Thought it was pretty shit and cheesy but I'd probably like it if I was a ten year old.

I thought the first half was great. I know they were aiming for a tribute to Spielberg but it actually reminded me more of films like The Explorers. Ending was terrible though

I reckon if I'd watched that when I was 10, I'd love it to bits still and defend it to death.

I think we can't watch films like that now and expect to feel they're as great as The Goonies or whatever.

• Paid Members

Just watched Sightseers. Either I'm watching special shit versions that Ben Wheatley has made of his films just for me to hate or people have gone mental. He's shit. Sightseers was so boring that I barely made it to the end.

• Paid Members
Just watched Sightseers. Either I'm watching special shit versions that Ben Wheatley has made of his films just for me to hate or people have gone mental. He's shit. Sightseers was so boring that I barely made it to the end.

I just don't get what people see in his stuff. There's been a few stand out scenes in his films but as actual movies from start to finish that are just shit.

• Paid Members

She's actually very good in this but her character is the usual boring Wheatley suburban dullard who you don't care about at all. It's such a rubbish film and the violence just looks absolute crap as well.