DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members
This is a fucking stupid argument from all sides.

Obviously there is a sliding scale here. You clearly have to have the creative license to do what you need to to make a good film, but there’s absolutely no point in making an “adaptation” if it ends up so far removed from the source material as to be completely unrecognisable.

Of course there is. If it makes for a good film then that's all that matters. We all like good things, don't we?

Edited by Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members
So just write and make a completely separate original good film then..? If you say it's based on something it bares no resemblance to then you're just creating a false expectation which helps nothing.

That's where credits like 'Loosely based on' or 'Based on characters by' or 'Inspired by storylines/characters' come in to play.

We all like good things, don't we?

Not Loki.

I just hate it when you have nice things.

Watched Star Wars Blu Ray on a massive projector last night, quite interesting to see all the detail you miss on a normal tv. I've not seen this enhanced edition before, and I was half-expecting to have one of those "oh, this beloved childhood film is shit" moments, but... it's a pretty good film! The only things that really felt awful, sadly, were all the shit mid-90s CGI inserts which now look far worse than the original model work. I hope some day they release the original version on Blu Ray.