DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

The straight-to-dvd British gangster/lad films are a disgrace but Football Factory is actually a really good film. I've seen it a gang of times. It's got a bit of everything.

new ones pop up in the charts at Tesco every week, different variation of the same cast of actors in every single one. Are any of them any good?

• Paid Members

Was watching Bird on a Wire yesterday on Sky so I've decided to bash through some of Goldie Hawn's movies over the weekend. I think she's an underrated actress as she's awesome at comedy.  Plus she was so fucking hot during the 80s and 90s. 

I've got "Overboard" coming today via Amazon Logistics. I love that crazy 80s film.

Every single hard-man British film has Danny Dyer and Tammar Hussein in it.

You can't beat the one with the guy with no arms for absolute tackiness.. Haiku, Haiku, Haiku.

4716245.54639172d0b99.jpg

Edited by bAzTNM#1

Overboard is excellent as is Private Benjamin. On a similar 80s note, I watched Short Circuit yesterday for the first time since I was younger.

Loved it as a kid, but ugh what an awful film. The worst dialogue ever (I know it's not a period drama but still) and Steve Guttenburg is a horrendous actor. Who ever thought he could make it as a leading man? Well the Stonemasons obvious but...

Also bit of an aside but both Danny and Tamer Hussein are sort of family friends (best name drop ever right?) and I can assure you that they know how shit half of these films are. They don't think they're making cinematic masterpieces. The Business isn't too bad either.

Edited by SuperBacon

I rewatched Cloverfield recently, didn't like it. Although it was better once I realised that the annoying one was Erlich Bachman from Silicon Valley, so that made it fun.

I saw Cloverfield for the first time the other night, actually. A fun movie despite the majority of the characters being soulless and annoying before the monster attacked. The film flew by after this and it's better than your typical 'found-footage' movie.

I saw a bunch of films this week actually. I saw the 1930 version of All Quiet On The Western Front. The audio is awkwardly dubbed on (although that's forgivable as sound films were still a new thing at this point). The acting is shoddy at times and I found it hard to care for the individual soldiers, however the depictions of what war does to the mental state are still harrowing, especially when you consider how recent WWI was when this film first hit the cinemas. A good movie overall and it's anti-war message is still relevant 86 years on. 

I also finally got around to seeing A Separation. Insanely gripping movie, one of the best modern films I've seen in a while. It's deals with some rather heavy themes like divorce and looking after a parent with Alzheimer's. Throughout the movie, I tried to keep a tab on who's in the right and who's in the wrong, but this film shows that even good people can end up doing something wrong and there's no clear cut goodie or baddie. It's almost too much to digest in one sitting.

• Paid Members

Was watching Bird on a Wire yesterday on Sky so I've decided to bash through some of Goldie Hawn's movies over the weekend. I think she's an underrated actress as she's awesome at comedy.  Plus she was so fucking hot during the 80s and 90s.

I've got "Overboard" coming today via Amazon Logistics. I love that crazy 80s film.

You can't beat the one with the guy with no arms for absolute tackiness.. Haiku, Haiku, Haiku.

I work with Tammar Husseins cousin. Unarmed and Dangerous is also known as Kung Fu Flid. Terrible film, but you can't not watch it when it's on.

Was watching Bird on a Wire yesterday on Sky so I've decided to bash through some of Goldie Hawn's movies over the weekend. I think she's an underrated actress as she's awesome at comedy. Plus she was so fucking hot during the 80s and 90s.

Overboard was on ITV yesterday Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

For me Death Becomes Her is a pretty much perfect film, I watched it a while back for the first time in ages and I couldn't believe how good I thought it was.

• Paid Members

I thought that the bloke from Kung Fu Flid was excellent in the season of Anerican Horror Story he appeared in, so I'm actually tempted to watch it. Would I regret this decision?

Yes. He was indeed very good in AHS, but this shite is unbelievable. His footwork is impressive but the plot is pure noncence.