DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

Devon Malcolm

The Family - Tried watching this as it's been one I've wanted to watch for a while. However I was very disappointed. What a heap of shit this was. I will usually defend Robert De Niro till I'm blue in the face but this was something else.. I ended up half way through and ended up turning it off. Couldn't really get my head around if this was a serious film or a comedy? Or both done very badly. I know in 2014 I'm not expecting a masterpiece but something better than the 40 minutes of shit I sat through. Absolutely horrendous.

Saw

earlier today having not heard much about it.Beautifully made,tense revenge thriller that lets you piece together what's going on.Has some nice darkly funny moments too to help break the tension a bit.

Highly recommended, best new release I've seen in ages.

Plus Buzz from Home Alone is in it.

The Family - Tried watching this as it's been one I've wanted to watch for a while. However I was very disappointed. What a heap of shit this was. I will usually defend Robert De Niro till I'm blue in the face but this was something else.. I ended up half way through and ended up turning it off. Couldn't really get my head around if this was a serious film or a comedy? Or both done very badly. I know in 2014 I'm not expecting a masterpiece but something better than the 40 minutes of shit I sat through. Absolutely horrendous.

Why? Bobby D don't care about his legacy so why should we? De Niro and Pacino are like super duper Indy wrestlers who broke in to the big leagues and don't have what it takes to put in the graft that they used to. That method acting malarkey must have been exhausting over the years.

• Paid Members

Finally got round to watching Bernie and I'm staggered at how brilliant Jack Black is in it. I've always presumed him to be not far off his character in Tropic Thunder. Even his singing was fantastic. Definitely worth the watch.

• Paid Members

Just had a few DVDs arrive from Ebay today. Two Martial Arts capers. Only got them because they were 99p each. Anybody heard of them?

Bruce Le in "The Super Gang"

Raging Master's Tiger Crane

Released by Delta Entertainment. Mob that released the ECW footage over here.

Thanks!

• Paid Members
Finally got round to watching Bernie and I'm staggered at how brilliant Jack Black is in it. I've always presumed him to be not far off his character in Tropic Thunder. Even his singing was fantastic. Definitely worth the watch.

yeh, its a quality flick.

• Paid Members
Just had a few DVDs arrive from Ebay today. Two Martial Arts capers. Only got them because they were 99p each. Anybody heard of them?

Bruce Le in "The Super Gang"

Raging Master's Tiger Crane

Released by Delta Entertainment. Mob that released the ECW footage over here.

Thanks!

I have The Super Gang. watched it a couple of times. It's one of the better poundland martial arts flicks. This is not to say its a good film mind you. get a couple of beers in you and its a good laugh.

• Paid Members

I just watched a pretty by the numbers robbery thriller called Pawn it was about a group of bandits robbing a diner and the only thing of note about it was that Michael Chiklis was playing a Cockney in it and his accent was great (which is really rare), I can only imagine at one point they were hoping for Statham and that's what they ended up with, he was great, it was like Hollywood's version of a Mitchell brother.

• Paid Members

Went to see Sabotage today. It's very gruesome for a 15 cert I thought. I didn't make much of it though.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

The group of agent's were highly detestable and I wanted to see them getting tortured and hurt violently. I didn't take a shine to any of them at all. But maybe the reason why they were scripted to be like that was because of the "twist" at the end.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

• Moderators

It's nice to hear it lives up well - you never know with your childhood favourites how they might come across to someone seeing them for the first time.

You just imagine they are timeless classics, obviously, and that anyone who can't see that is an idiot.

I ended up watching that a month or two ago, and it's aged really well. I found lots of new stuff to laugh at as well; from an adult perspective there's a lot of piss-taking you miss when you're a teenager.