If this proves to be true, you have to think that's it for TNA.

They've outlasted ECW and pretty much equalled WCW's run but will not leave the sort of lasting mark of either of those companies. How ironic that their last throw of the dice involved invoking the memory of ECW once again.

It will get lost in the justified stream of excoriation, but there were decent lengths of time when the company provided a legitimate and quality alternative to WWE. They made it from a scrabbled together first show to a years-long television run on a major network, something no other company has managed since the collapse of WCW. They even got episodic wrestling onto terrestrial television over here in the UK!

They provided a place both for ex-WWE wrestlers with something left to give, and for those top US wrestlers who were never realistically going to fit the bill in WWE. I don't think it was necessarily a major contributing factor, but it's noticeable that for the past few years the WWE has been hiring and presenting the sort of talent that used to be TNA's bread and butter.

Does this leave the Spike tv slot free? Or have they lost the appetite for it? Is this part of some giant conspiracy, and JJ and Bischoff will appear hand in hand on the first edition of a new show?

Probably not.

• Paid Members

GFW isn't really anything yet, other than a website & Jeff making friends with a few people.

I'm beginning to think Jeff never saw it as anything more than a new skin for TNA when the time came, given the stake he still has there, and that day may well be imminent.

Incidentally, according to Forbes magazine's current cover story, Toby Keith earned $65m last year, "more than any musician not named Madonna, Lady Gaga or Bon Jovi." If he's not on board, Jeff should really give him another call. He can probably spare enough to run a little wrestling promotion as a hobby.

http://pwinsider.com/article/87204/its-not-just-tna-denying-tmzs-story-updated-156-pm.html?p=1

Viacom also confirm they are still talking and in negotiation with TNA.

It would be in Viacom's best interests to say negotiations are on-going, to save themselves from the wrath of misguided simple-minded wrestling fans, and also to prevent the next 2 months being lame duck prime time tv.

Its a shame if they go under. Sid put up a tweet in response to this saying pro wrestling is dying. I agree in a sense because from a profession point of view it seems like now the wwe is the only place you can make a good living in wrestling.

Wrestling will never die, they'll always be shows in countries around the world. But the chances of making it a career will be nothing more than a pipe dream to thousands unless they are lucky enough to make it to the wwe.

If anything I think TNAs best chance like I read earlier is to move to UK, record weekly episodes on challenge and do house shows around Europe.

Wrestling will never die, they'll always be shows in countries around the world. But the chances of making it a career will be nothing more than a pipe dream to thousands unless they are lucky enough to make it to the wwe.

Don't a lot of the TNA wrestlers have day jobs on the market and so on anyway?

Is tna moving to the uk really realistic? I cant see the talent wanting to come over here all the time

No, it's not realistic. Challenge don't pay them enough to cover TV tapings, it's just idiots clutching at straws.

• Paid Members

If anything I think TNAs best chance like I read earlier is to move to UK, record weekly episodes on challenge and do house shows around Europe.

Challenge dont pay them enough to keep the gas on in their headquarters. People who are giving this "move to the UK" shite are failing to release that there is no money in that. TNA's only form of income is getting paid by a television network. Without that they cant pay the staff or the talent. They need to find a TV network in the US to pay them a significant sum to keep the ship running.

Literally, moving to the UK is the most unrealistic idea in the world. TNA arent losing a timeslot. Fuck the timeslot. TNA is losing an estimated $12 million in income. Their only income. The only thing paying for those house shows that lose a shitload and the building rent that they never sell enough tickets to cover. Without TV, all they'd have is Bob Ryder and Crazy Steve under contract. Christ, the production staff threatened to walk out the other month. Imagine how happy they'll be when they lose TV.

And that's not even considering how bad TNA would murder the market over here if they did more than one tour a year. If there was any significant demand for TNA, they'd do more than one tour a year.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay