• Paid Members

Maybe some of the 18million people on average who watch tna across the globe on a weekly basis

Where did you get that figure from? 18 million? Their two biggest markets (US and the UK) dont even get a combined 600,000 viewers a week. Even if you count all the StreamTVBox brothers, It might not even rack up to 800,000. You're a crazy man, WrestleUK. Crazay! Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

When it rains, it pours for TNA...

Tonight, owing to some kind of technical difficulty, POP have been unable to broadcast Impact property (up to this point, over an hour after it was due to start). Whether it's an issue with POP (the current position) or something else remains to be seen.

But when the wrestling gods decide they've had enough, no rod will be spared. TNA are finding this out.

• Paid Members

Tonight, owing to some kind of technical difficulty, POP have been unable to broadcast Impact property (up to this point, over an hour after it was due to start). Whether it's an issue with POP (the current position) or something else remains to be seen.

18 million disappointed people in the world right now.

I just took to reading TNA's history on Wikipedia because I'm in work bored and the idea of something existing for so long in a weird state of flux like it has just blows my mind. I never knew that on their very first night the ring ropes broke in a dark match and the Harris boys helped fix them. And now Aroluxe are putting up money so their cable pullers can have sandwiches and coffee. It's crazy. Ron and Don Harris are historically bookended as the saviours of TNA.

Whilst it got decent TV ratings at it's height and this is going over old rope, the companies sheer lack of penetration into the mainstream is still unseemly to me. Again flicking through Wikipedia even at the companys height for their biggest show of the year and with guys like Angle, Sting and Hardy knocking about with good TV exposure and production that wasn't the worst in the world the company could generally only manage to sell 3-4 thousand tickets of 10,000 capacity venues. For your WrestleMania. With those guys and that national platform.

I remember loving TNA in 2004 because I was a 13 year old mark for WWE alternatives and it was around the time we got TWC on Sky. Some of those old PPVs were mental fun. I have an odd urge to watch Turning Point from that year since this whole thread is already starting to feel like a wake for the inevitable. I was in the chat the night of the new Monday Night Wars and even though nobody realistically thought it could happen, we all switched over to TNA once the Bret segment was done on Raw because for that one night at least it seemed like a way more exciting show.

Even the eventual cheap ass book somebody will write is going to suck because there's no real rollercoaster narrative. The company's just limped out of the gate from the start and largely stayed that way.

Edited by Gay as FOOK

How much financial trouble was WCW in in the early 90's? I know they were getting, like, 800 people into the Omni and running small high school gyms.
Mind you, I guess Ted Turner's money was the saving grace there.

ECW? How long did that run in the red? 3 or 4 years?

My point is - can, or should, TNA be saved and brought back to prosperity?

Personally, I just say let it die. Pull the plug. It had a great chance 10 years ago but now? Its dead.