UKFF - He's a Good Egg

Ronnie

130 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Who's the thorougly decent chap whom you can't help but like?

Commiserations to chokeout, johnnyboy, Magnum, Philo Vance, ShortOrderCook and Slick Dick Nick, who came in joint sixth place but would make for a field of 11 to be shared among 10 slots on the ballot. Sorry :(

Edited by Ronnie

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members
Feel free to take me out of the people with 6th place so the others can get onto the list and make up the ten, if it isn't too late.

The irony of being such a good egg that you lose your place on the ballot isn't lost on me. Thanks for that - they've been duly added.

I think NEWM is meant to be on this. chokeout is listed in the poll and also as being one of the ones to have missed out so it might just be a sleep-deprived Ronnie typo.

The sent box shows I sent off that fucking report at 3:18 :(

Hmm. The columns were originally ordered by order of nominations received so NEWM was at the top. I then re-ordered them into alphabetical order for ease of adding them to the polls but for some reason Excel decided to leave NEWM where he was at the top of the list and re-order everyone beneath him, so it appears I chose to jump him and start with chokeout, twigged most of the way through that there were too many for the panel and forgot to take him off and bump NEWM in at the right point. But yes, NEWM indeed made the ballot rather easily ... but he didn't get as many nominations as another candidate smiley_sherlock.gif

Edited by Ronnie

• Paid Members

There are loads of deserving candidates on the ballot for this one. I went for HarmonicGenerator in the end, who strikes me as the world's nicest man (© CuckedByMenry) whenever I see him post, but chokeout and Frankie both deserve plaudits for going out of their way with the Christmas avatars and Secret Santa, Jaffa's a helpful lad, NEWM's NEWM and so on.

• Paid Members

Yeah. This actually felt tough voting for one and saying that a handful of others didn't deserve it. Which isn't true, but you can only have one.

• Paid Members

I opted out mainly because I wouldn't have won this anyway, without meaning to sound soppy! And it would've been a shame to see the rest of those nominees not make the cut.

I'm winning sports poster of the year anyway, so I didn't want to hog all the spotlight.

Also, when I said NEWM would sew this up I didn't mean to dismiss the other nominees like Frankie and co. Looking at my post again it almost came across as a bit dickish. It was more emphasizing my surprise at him not being there, though it was a typo anyway.

Edited by Slick Dick Nick

• Paid Members

Hello!

Been waiting for this thread to pop up as I wanted to just pop out of my self-imposed exile to praise each and every one of the people that have been nominated. In their own ways, they are all top people, not just for the quality of their posts (because they're all great posters as well) but for the positivity and, on occasions, inspiration they have brought to a number of threads. I do want to especially single out a few people, though, no disrespect to the others.

ShortOrderCook's posts that I've just read in the Let's Get Healthy thread are especially great. As someone who is stuck in something of a physical and mental health rut (but getting there, hopefully) I've found his posts to be absolutely brilliant. I know at some point some turd is going to reply to him with some negative remark in that thread, because that's inevitable at some point, probably through jealously at his buff-beyond-belief body. But speaking personally, he's taken on almost guru-like status in that thread - he doesn't have to take time out of his life to try and encourage and help people, but he does so and I think he deserves a hell of a lot of praise and thanks for doing that. I've personally found his thoughts and encouragement to be extremely helpful and I hope on a purely selfish level that he continues to do so.

NEWM's recent positivity and great news has been an inspiration, too, and reinforced what a thoroughly top bloke he is. Ever since he joined the forum a few years ago he has been one of my favourite people on here and his posts are always worth reading. It's funny, I was reading back through an old thread in Paid a while back just after he started posting and one idiot in there made a disparaging remark about him and claimed he wouldn't last long here. All I can say is that we should all be thankful that person was wrong.

This is purely a personal nomination and probably as much to do with off-board stuff as well as on-board stuff, but Frankie Crisp is also someone I want to highlight here. His emails and tweets recently have been a huge help for me but his contributions on the board with the Secret Santa and his posts in the Depression thread are more than enough of a hint as to what a good bloke he is as well. And as he pointed out himself recently, he even likes Luis Suarez!

I didn't vote, though, this was way too difficult. But anyone in this thread would be a worthy winner.

• Moderators

Philo Vance, Johnnyboy, FrankieCrisp, NEWM and SOC are the soundest people of all time, and it's shit I can't vote for all 5. Everyone on this list is a good fella, but I deal with those 5 the most and they are top top people.

Edited by PowerButchi