Paid Members niff Posted January 25, 2013 Paid Members Posted January 25, 2013 Lots of good eggs there all deserving of winning, but Keith Houchen's not on here?
Keith Houchen Posted January 25, 2013 Posted January 25, 2013 Philo Vance, Johnnyboy, FrankieCrisp, NEWM and SOC are the soundest people of all time, and it's shit I can't vote for all 5. Everyone on this list is a good fella, but I deal with those 5 the most and they are top top people. Yeah, pretty much this.
Paid Members Carbomb Posted January 25, 2013 Paid Members Posted January 25, 2013 Frankie Crisp. No disrespect to anyone else, but genuinely one of the nicest blokes on here there's ever been.
Richie Freebird Posted January 25, 2013 Posted January 25, 2013 Ronnie has shone recently, but surely no one but Frankie can take this? Good luck to you, Dad.
Paid Members Jaffa Posted January 25, 2013 Paid Members Posted January 25, 2013 It's a Crisp or NEWM vote. I've gone NEWM. Sorry Frankie.
Paid Members PunkStep Posted January 25, 2013 Paid Members Posted January 25, 2013 All deserving, nice chaps the lot of them, geniunly. Good to see Philo there as he doesn't post as often as the others. NEWM edges it I think. As I say, all deserving but he just wins it for me. What a sound guy. I love it when he makes one of his 'I love coming on this forum' posts too, heartwarming.
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted January 25, 2013 Paid Members Posted January 25, 2013 I found this by far the toughest to vote on. What I've seen they all seem like genuine nice chaps. In the end I whittled it down to 3 NEWM (always liked him, just a really likeable vibe to him for me and like others said the positivity he's shown recently has been great to read. Chuffed for him on the birth of his son), SOC (Seems a top bloke anyway but especially for all the excellent motivational advice in the Let's Get Healthy thread, gone out of his way to take time out to type lengthy posts of advice for the rest of us). In the end I voted Frankie. Just seems like the nicest, soundest fucker around. If anyone's having a shit time he's always there with sound advice. Just a top bloke. That hairdresser or barmaid or whatever should have snapped Mr Crisp up. Good Eggs. There's a lot of them on here it seems.
Rule One Posted January 25, 2013 Posted January 25, 2013 I voted Frankie, despite his slight heel turn on some (Deserving of the abuse against them in some cases.) posters he was a solid hand during 2012. Despite his personal troubles (Ladies or otherwise.) he's always there with great advice or a good laugh, even when it is at his own expense. Even for a scouser, he earned it and long may he continue to post on this board. Honourable mentions to NEWM, (For his on topic posts, which he needs to do more of.) ShortOrderCook (For his healthy stuff and some great advice.) and Magnum. (Who doesn't get enough credit for the intelligence/reasons/thought put into some of his posts.)
Magnum Posted January 25, 2013 Posted January 25, 2013 A thread full of gentlemen and scholars, if I do say so myself, and I would personally tip my top hat to some of the people who have put a hell of a lot of work and personal time into either answering other people's questions or constructing the big participatory lists that are so much fun to contribute to, but must be a nightmare to manage - particularly ShortOrderCook and Harmonic Generator. I've voted for Ronnie here, though, simply because of the sheer volume of knowledge he brings to the forum. His answers are always incredibly helpful and informative, and as such I'm going to try and transparently curry favour with him because I've no doubt I'll be pestering the hell out of him at some point over the next few years as I try to get into teaching languages.
kendal mint cake Posted January 25, 2013 Posted January 25, 2013 What a set of absolute wet blankets you lot are. I voted Frankie Crisp.
Mr. Seven Posted January 25, 2013 Posted January 25, 2013 Frankie bugs me. ShortOrderCook and I have been flirting with one another since he was purplemonkeydishwasher and I see no reason for our forbidden love to die out yet, so him.
Paid Members ShortOrderCook Posted January 26, 2013 Paid Members Posted January 26, 2013 (edited) A thread full of gentlemen and scholars, if I do say so myself Philo Vance, Johnnyboy, FrankieCrisp, NEWM and SOC Butch are the soundest people of all time Agree with these gents. Philo is actually the coolest motherfucker going though. Really, there's probably another 10 people i think would be worthy of being here - Au, Stanton, Iun, Duke, JLM, Punkstep, Digby, Houchen, plenty of others that escape my mind right now. Everyone but Kendal really. There is a bunch of great lads here though. I probably like some of you lot more than i like my actual mates. But then, my mates are wankers. Always plenty of great discussion, great banter and there's some clear evidence that there's some good hearted people here. There's a reason we always come back here. One thing that's great about here is the proper shit people get duly fucked off at just the right times. Woy, neil and Rick (who should actually win this really if we're honest) mod this place tremendously i think. Just the right sort of balance and tolerance. Also, cheers for all the kind words and that. I shouldn't really be getting nods for my contributions in the health thread, as technically that's all been 2013. Save your ShortOrder votes for next year fans. My vote goes to NEWM though. NEWM's my homeboy. And i'm fairly certain he's actually the nicest man that ever lived. Edited January 26, 2013 by ShortOrderCook
Moderators PowerButchi Posted January 26, 2013 Moderators Posted January 26, 2013 (edited) Philo is actually the coolest motherfucker going though. He really is as well. When I first did myself my injury and so on, three people got in touch with me straight away. And that was Philo, saying we should go for a beer (which we are) and making sure I'm ok (which I am) and to talk to about dodgy films and dominoes and bar billiards, and SOC (sorry to ruin your gimmick, brother) who got in touch to motivate me and make me feel really good about myself, make me feel 10 feet tall in fact (despite the ribbing me and NEWM give you about your Mrs), and Frankie who offered me a spare room whenever I wanted it to chill out. When I was in a really shitty place, those three people went above and beyond what's expected of someone you happen to post on the same forum as. I don't even expect the things they said to me and the gestures offered from my friends. But for those people to give that much of a shite about someone they've never met... Quite frankly, this poll doesn't matter to me. Because they are three fantastic eggs. And moreover, the three of them are the winners in my eyes, because no three people have ever made me feel so important or good about myself in my life. And for that boys, I thank you. Edited January 26, 2013 by PowerButchi
Philo_Vance Posted January 26, 2013 Posted January 26, 2013 Had no idea I was included here until something got reposted in another thread. Genuinely touched at the kind words given how infrequently I post. I voted for Frankie. Quite aside from being genuinely pleasant, and organising the secret santa, he went above and beyond a while back when I'd mentioned that my dad was in a bad way, offering advice and emailing me over a bunch of useful documents and so on that really helped matters. Completely unexpected and more than I could have expected from a stranger on a wrestling board. Also, plenty of people on the list I would have voted for if I could have had more than one- SOC especially, the man's a walking fountain of inspiration. Plenty also notable by their absence, specifically Houchen and Butch.
Paid Members SpursRiot2012 Posted January 26, 2013 Paid Members Posted January 26, 2013 Everybody on this list is great, so it was very hard to choose. I was stuck between NEWM and Frankie but ended up going for Frankie.
Recommended Posts