Raw before the Rumble thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

I think Punk's in a good spot, no matter what happens at the Rumble. Punk dropping the belt frees him up for better stories and feuds, IMO. The humbled champion, Heyman and his army looking for revenge (possibly against Vinnie Mac and the company) sets up numerous potential 'Mania matches.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wouldn't it only fall on a Monday every seven years anyway, if it's a particular date?

According to Wiki: It is observed on the third Monday of January each year, which is around the time of King's birthday, January 15.

Which makes no sense on several levels.

Anyway, I've still never heard of it and I can say with some confidence that I've seen every pre-Rumble Raw for at least the last 10 years.

Apart from the one we're talking about. Obviously.

Wouldn't it only fall on a Monday every seven years anyway, if it's a particular date?

If you pretend leap years don't exist then yes.

:bored:

There's always one, and it would fucking be you aaron wouldn't it?

Bit rich moving from that pisspipe isn't it. Pretending stuff does exist is clearly fine.

Anyone finding the Rock a tad boring this run? His promos tend to consist of him coming out shitting on the current roster and shouting whatever phrase will pop the home crowd. His "FREE AT LAST, FREE AT LAST" ramblings seemed to garner little to no reaction other than CM Punk shitting all over him rolling his eyes.

I love how the Sheild's push is rolling on. They keep getting the better of stars you imagine will pummell or humiliate them. Super behind them, each member has star potential.

Enjoying the Dolph, AJ and E team although I do realise despite his look and incredible work-rate Dolph will always be a bumper for others making them look good.

According to Wiki: It is observed on the third Monday of January each year, which is around the time of King's birthday, January 15.

Which makes no sense on several levels.

Anyway, I've still never heard of it and I can say with some confidence that I've seen every pre-Rumble Raw for at least the last 10 years.

Apart from the one we're talking about. Obviously.

It's the American equivalent of a Bank Holiday, it always falls on a Monday and Raw always acknowledges it as they do Veterans Day and every other national holiday.

I definitely remember seeing a similar MLK day promo on at least two other raws in years previous.

Either MLK day happens about thirteen times a year or time passes scarily quick the older I get. Every time Raw starts with it, I think "I'll be rich and famous by the next one" but then the next one comes round and I've only been out of bed twice in between.

Archived