Raw before the Rumble thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
Also, Lesnar isn't a "Heyman Guy". Heyman is a "Lesnar Guy". Lesnar's whole character is that he comes back if it benefits him. He doesn't do anyone any favours. He'll come back when Triple H forces his hand.

That was definitely his character when he first came back, but they threw it all away during the build up to Summerslam. Brock originally refused to face Triple H, but then Stephanie insulted Paul with a bunch of insider shit, which made Paul so angry that he accepted on Brock's behalf. Then Brock ran down to defend Paul when Stephanie attacked him. They clearly couldn't think of a proper way for Triple H to force Brock to face him, so went down that weird route of Brock defending Heyman, going directly against his previous stance of not giving a shit about anyone or anything but himself. In that instance, he was undoubtedly portrayed as a, "Heyman Guy."

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The fact Triple H has a good reason means it doesn't matter if Brock Lesnar has a good reason. Triple H needs his win back. People can say "why? Triple H is selfish, Brock shouldn't be losing etc" all they want, but the fact is you dont break a babyfaces arm and send him into retirement without the babyface getting his revenge. Doesn't matter if its Triple H or Luke Bushwhacker. Triple H has to beat Lesnar at WrestleMania. You have to retain the credibility of your feuds and of your characters.

Fantasy world thinking; but what if they bring Lesner back for the Rumble to interfere in the title match, then send Punk down the inevitable path towards Cena again in some crazy stipulation at Wrestlemania. Then have Rock v Lesner as a revenge thing and that finish ends with Triple H interfering somehow so that they have somewhere to go after the big event.

I'm not an expert so I'm not sure on that one. But it'd bring some logical order into play and tease Lesner with a program after Wrestlemania (I'm not sure if theyve offered him dates afterwards).

Why would Lesnar costs Rock the match?

Heyman calls him and asks him to interfere.

Him and Heyman are best mates. It writes itself. Shield can't interfere. Nothing was said about Lesnar.

Lesnar doesn't give a fuck. He said in the promos last year that he enjoys hurting people and making money. He'd flatten The Rock for fun and headline Mania for the payday.

Can't help but think HHH is legit retired. He has more responsibilities than ever now backstage and not every big retirement is announced as such. Austin lost to Rock at WM in 2003 and just never wrestled again. It wasnt announced as his last match and nobody knew he was in as bad a way as he was at the time to the point where it was even considered to be his last match.

Plus, HHH has cut his hair, man!

I could be wrong (probably am) but just have this feeling HHH isn't coming back soon - watch him win the Rumble now or something!

The fact Triple H has a good reason means it doesn't matter if Brock Lesnar has a good reason. Triple H needs his win back. People can say "why? Triple H is selfish, Brock shouldn't be losing etc" all they want, but the fact is you dont break a babyfaces arm and send him into retirement without the babyface getting his revenge. Doesn't matter if its Triple H or Luke Bushwhacker. Triple H has to beat Lesnar at WrestleMania. You have to retain the credibility of your feuds and of your characters.

Triple H isn't a character anymore though. He works behind the scenes. In real life, and this has also been addressed on-screen too.

If Lesnar is staying another year, there is no reason for a) Triple H 'to get his win back' (Triple H isn't going to be wrestling in any key matches going forward, Lesnar will be); or b) Lesnar to even face Triple H, even though he probably will.

I think most people would much rather see Rock vs Lesnar, Punk vs Lesnar, or even Undertaker vs Lesnar, than another Triple H vs Lesnar match.

Seeing that theve done rock v brock a few times before will they go with it again?

They've only done it once before, at Summerslam 2002.

They also wrestled in a WWE Home Video release, 'Global Warming Tour', which was a Melbourne, Australia stadium show in July 2002 that had a Rock vs Lesnar vs Triple H main event.

• Paid Members
Triple H isn't a character anymore though. He works behind the scenes. In real life, and this has also been addressed on-screen too.

If Lesnar is staying another year, there is no reason for a) Triple H 'to get his win back' (Triple H isn't going to be wrestling in any key matches going forward, Lesnar will be); or b) Lesnar to even face Triple H, even though he probably will.

Of course there is a reason. You would ruin any kind of special attraction draw in the near future if Triple H just fucks off and doesn't address the issue of the various kickings he got. What sort of pussy would that make Triple H? It would betray his character. Lesnar didn't draw that SummerSlam buyrate on his own. There's plenty of interest left in Triple H as a special draw. The story is Triple H coming back for revenge.

And I bet Triple H has more WWE main events in him than Lesnar will in the coming years. What's to say Brock wont just fuck off again like he usually does? Brock is there to do jobs. You build up his storylines and the babyface returns to take him down.

• Paid Members

I enjoyed Raw, despite it's flaws. Thought Big Shows promo, Maddox's stuff and most of the wrestling, especially the 3 beat the clock matches were pretty damn good, despite the screwy way beat the clock ended. I also really enjoyed the hilarious Miz attempt at a Figure 4 leg lock.

I thought all the stuff with Rock, Punk and Heyman was tremendous and although I'd of liked to of seen them end the show, I understand why you'd try and give the Rumble match some shine, despite how bad Cena's promo turned out to be.

Rock comparing winning the spinner belt to the civil rights movement was pretty tasteless I'll agree with that, but he's definitely not the first wrestler to get access to the ring based off "having a ticket". At least they kind of half had Heyman call him out on it.

As a side note, a guy on a podcast I listen to, pointed out how annoying it is they have everyone stand unnaturally shoulder to shoulder in backstage promos. This was no more evident than in the two promos with The Rock and the cops. They could have done something in that second segment to make it different, moved them around, had Rock try another entrance or at least get another camera angle. TNA's production really does show them up on stuff like that.

I forgot about Miz arsing up the figure four, what a moron.

I agree that the Beat The Clock matches were actually all pretty strong, but when the pay-off is a total waste of time, it makes the whole thing a waste of time. Antonio impressed me again against Orton though and Miz/Dolph had a surprisingly fast paced and exciting match, in spite of the botch.

The bit with Rock and the Cops was ok the first time, but when they cut back ages later it was very silly that they were all stood in the same spots. Had Rock been trying to persuade them for 30 minutes or something?

I've been enjoying The Rock this time unlike last year but as soon as he compared him wanting the title to MLK's "dream" i just pissed myself laughing and not in a good way, one of the worst lines i've ever heard in wrestling for so many reasons.

Punk had been great though, i've not really bought into him since the latest heel turn but he's really shone on the mic these past few weeks.

The Figure Four is very difficult to do though. I've seen people in real life try it who were fairly flexible and not fat, and they couldn't do it. They'd never watched wrestling before though.

I hope you are being sarcastic. I was slapping figure fours on anyone game for it when I was about 9. Pretty sure both parents and my brother felt the wrath of it.

In a slight defense of Miz though, it looked like Ziggler put his leg in an awkward spot and Miz just went with it. Pretty lame still!

• Paid Members

I was wrestling with my mates in Technology when the teacher went to get some fine liners and was applying the Figure Four to one lad. Stupidly, my other mate tried to drag my him to another section on the class room and his legs opened which made me lose my balance and I fell and smacked my hip off the side of the vice. Fucking killed. I had a proper huge bruise on my side for ages.

• Paid Members
The Figure Four is very difficult to do though. I've seen people in real life try it who were fairly flexible and not fat, and they couldn't do it. They'd never watched wrestling before though.

I hope you are being sarcastic. I was slapping figure fours on anyone game for it when I was about 9. Pretty sure both parents and my brother felt the wrath of it.

This. All day, especially in Royal Rumbles in mates gardens. If 10 year old me can do it, so should The Miz.

Archived