Raw before the Rumble thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I'm not sure it's fair to call referencing the "I have a dream" speech, the man's most famous speech, on his day "shoehorning". It's like saying they shoehorned santa into the christmas show.

• Paid Members
I'm not sure it's fair to call referencing the "I have a dream" speech, the man's most famous speech, on his day "shoehorning". It's like saying they shoehorned santa into the christmas show.

I think it was more that the Rock was shoehorning the MLK reference into his speech, which has no link to it nor anywhere near the level of importance.

• Paid Members

Yeah I understand that, but I don't think it's shoehorning in this instance. It's Martin Luther King day, and he's at the forefront of people's minds on that day. He's not just randomly bringing it up, he's bringing it up because of what day it is. Obviously the punk rock feud isn't as important as civil rights, but he's hardly cheapening it.

• Paid Members
Yeah I understand that, but I don't think it's shoehorning in this instance. It's Martin Luther King day, and he's at the forefront of people's minds on that day. He's not just randomly bringing it up, he's bringing it up because of what day it is. Obviously the punk rock feud isn't as important as civil rights, but he's hardly cheapening it.

I guess. Probably depends on how skilfully people felt he was working it into his promo.

I thought it was a pretty good show. The highlights were Punk's promo and the really effective Shield/Rock beatdown and the Beat The Clock matches were all very solid. Cena's promo wasn't very good, he was obviously just out there to waste time before the brawl but that sort of ending is always effective.

Looking forward to the Rumble, it's quite a stacked card really. Punk/Rock is very up in the air at the minute, I can see either of them winning. They could do what everyone is expecting and we could end up with Cena/Rock II at Mania but I don't know, I could see them going with Lesnar/Rock, Cena/Taker and finishing the Punk/Ryback feud at Mania, which I'd probably prefer to be honest.

Plus, if Rock doesn't win the title at his first attempt, there's an easy reason to bring him back to have another go next year. It's gonna be interesting either way though.

Was it a special MLK edition of RAW? If not, I call shoehorning.

I also hate the way they keep shoehorning wrestling into Raw.

Archived