Should WWE sign Samoa Joe?

Oliver

• Paid Members
Yeah he has been woeful for long spells but there is a great wrestler in him somewhere maybe the WWE could be the place to get it out of him.

I think WWE is the last place a fat Samoan with a history of bad knees and laziness would be suited. I can't see past a Lord Tensai style bomb in his future.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Plus they now have another Samoan that already looks a hundred times more of a star than Joe ever has in Roman Reigns. As others have said before, nobody cares about what happened between Joe and Punk in ROH and even if WWE decide to pretend it was a bigger deal than it actually was, people will start wondering why a rubbish looking fat guy (that isn't even tall) is going to pose a bigger threat than John Cena, Ryback, Big Show and Mark Henry ever did.If a Samoan is going to have a crack at a main belt in WWE, it'll be Reigns. I reckon he will have had a title match on PPV by the end of 2013 and Samoa Joe will be doing the same usually-forgettable match in TNA.

These days Joe is a TNA guy. He would have to spend a year in development to lose that rep because Vince can't be seen pushing someone he didnt make.

And because he needs to go in development.

TNA have killed any name value Joe had.

No they haven't. Not really. Joe's never had any name value, because he hasn't be in the WWE.

I must admit I very rarely watch TNA so I'm not sure what state Joe is in, but if he is as bad as people are saying then maybe new surroundings is actually what he needs and maybe the WWE can provide him with that.But I agree with everyone who has said that Joe would go into development first and by the time the WWE pushed him to the main roster, Punk would of already either surpassed the 22 month reign or, more likely, lost the title. So the idea of making a feud between Joe and Punk based around Joe's ROH title reign won't really get off the ground.

TNA have killed any name value Joe had.

No they haven't. Not really. Joe's never had any name value, because he hasn't be in the WWE.
Bullshit. He aint ever been a John Cena or the biggest draw, but you can't write that off as no name value. He's been in TNA for years, wrestled in front of lots of people, on TV, been pushed and been world champion. He has some name value

They shouldn't. I think he's been fucking dire for the most part for a few years now. He would need to shed a few pounds and seriously pick up his game for me to ever take even the slightest bit of interest in the bloke. I like what Billy Gunn had to say about him.

Doesnt that first comment from the interviewer just show how so many people who think they're involved in wrestling have no fucking clue how it works? "He was a huge star before TNA" Was he fuck! He was popular in a very niche small time group. I hate those kind of fans.

This thread is actually pretty depressing. Back when RoH were doing their UK dates, Joe was the guy I wanted to see the most. The atmosphere in his matches with Nigel and Homicide were amazing in the building (I think part of it was lost on the DVD's) and the buzz around him going to TNA and possibly being a future megastar. I even credit him with being the guy who made me give a fuck about Sabin again after he had gone bland as fuck til his match against Joe at No Surrender 05. Now though on the rare occasions I watch Impact or each month when I'm watching the PPV's Joe is the dullest thing on a show that includes Garrett Bischoff. Its just sad really.

Everyone's been saying that WWE needs some fat blokes so why not?

Because when they say they want fat blokes, most are generally talking about huge intimidating, imposing monster types whose freakish appearance can be an attraction in itself; not nondescript blubbery blokes who look more like 90s syndicate show ham n eggers, He's rotten.

Archived