Should WWE sign Samoa Joe?

Oliver

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Everyone in TNA knows their role when it comes to WWE. Most of them are in their mid-30s and aren't up for talking the risk of doing 4 days a week and possibly dying on their arse. Having a look over the roster its hard to imagine many getting signed.

-Samoa Joe. Past his hype sell by date. Has bad knees. Big titties. For me, you can be fat if you can cut a awesome promo. You can be a shit promo if you have a good body. You can be unmotivated if you can still rock it when you cant be arsed. But Joe has many things going against him. He had a lot of stuff against him when he was one of the worlds premier workers. Now he's got fuck all chance.

-Bobby Roode is 35. He'll be 36 or 37 when his contract is done, so the chances of WWE signing him are slim. There's always a chance, but I can't see it happening now. Shame because everyone in the business rates him. He could have been a decent name in WWE. BG James and Billy Gunn love him and BG has power, so that might give him a chance.

-They didn't want Austin Aries when he was younger and a free agent, so he's not going anywhere. Unless they bring back the juniors division and want to do a Mini Mankind vs Mini CM Punk.

-Bubba Ray Dudley just signed a new deal, so he's obviously not looking to move. He's never been in better shape either, so if it was ever going to happen it would be now.

-AJ Styles has always been content in his comfort zone. And he's always said he just wants to live a nice schedule and take care of his family. So that's not happening.

-Eric Young's on a super shit deal in TNA, so it shows you his stock in wrestling. He's an absolute joke among the wrestlers by all accounts. Which is a shame because he's actually pretty good. He's not some shit comedy wrestler like Santino and Zack Ryder. He's a better wrestler than most of Raw, Impact and Smackdown.

-Chris Daniels has become better than he ever has. But he's 80 years old now and presenting a new version of the Crystal Maze seems like his next move. More chance of Scoot Andrews debuting as a new member of the Shield next week.

-James Storm can only ever be a player in TNA. He looks and talks like someone WWE would have doing jobs on NXT. Like one of those blokes with a gimmick where you go "fucking hell, this would never fit in". They would take away his beer, the Cowboy gimmick, the Codebreaker, Sweet Chin Music, the Orton DDT and the other 50 moves that established WWE wrestlers use and it would be a wonder what his ringstyle would look like?

-Magnus is probably signing with WWE next year. Everyone seems to expect that to happen. TNA does fuck all with him, so he must be in the best shape of his life for some reason. He might have to get rid of Mickie James, though. Imagine the jokes he'll get in that locker room.

The rest of the TNA roster are people WWE have never wanted like Morgan and Joey Ryan, people they fired and dont want back like Anderson and D'Lo and people like Hogan, Sting and Hardy who they would have but are getting more money than the rest of the TNA roster combined. The pay scale is loopy in TNA. There are people who are paid well enough not to what to go anywhere, people who are paid decent and dont want to take the risk going anywhere and the poor cunts who have nowhere to go and get what they are given.

Everyone in TNA knows their role when it comes to WWE. Most of them are in their mid-30s and aren't up for talking the risk of doing 4 days a week and possibly dying on their arse. Having a look over the roster its hard to imagine many getting signed.

-Samoa Joe. Past his hype sell by date. Has bad knees. Big titties. For me, you can be fat if you can cut a awesome promo. You can be a shit promo if you have a good body. You can be unmotivated if you can still rock it when you cant be arsed. But Joe has many things going against him. He had a lot of stuff against him when he was one of the worlds premier workers. Now he's got fuck all chance.

-Bobby Roode is 35. He'll be 36 or 37 when his contract is done, so the chances of WWE signing him are slim. There's always a chance, but I can't see it happening now. Shame because everyone in the business rates him. He could have been a decent name in WWE. BG James and Billy Gunn love him and BG has power, so that might give him a chance.

-They didn't want Austin Aries when he was younger and a free agent, so he's not going anywhere. Unless they bring back the juniors division and want to do a Mini Mankind vs Mini CM Punk.

-Bubba Ray Dudley just signed a new deal, so he's obviously not looking to move. He's never been in better shape either, so if it was ever going to happen it would be now.

-AJ Styles has always been content in his comfort zone. And he's always said he just wants to live a nice schedule and take care of his family. So that's not happening.

-Eric Young's on a super shit deal in TNA, so it shows you his stock in wrestling. He's an absolute joke among the wrestlers by all accounts. Which is a shame because he's actually pretty good. He's not some shit comedy wrestler like Santino and Zack Ryder. He's a better wrestler than most of Raw, Impact and Smackdown.

-Chris Daniels has become better than he ever has. But he's 80 years old now and presenting a new version of the Crystal Maze seems like his next move. More chance of Scoot Andrews debuting as a new member of the Shield next week.

-James Storm can only ever be a player in TNA. He looks and talks like someone WWE would have doing jobs on NXT. Like one of those blokes with a gimmick where you go "fucking hell, this would never fit in". They would take away his beer, the Cowboy gimmick, the Codebreaker, Sweet Chin Music, the Orton DDT and the other 50 moves that established WWE wrestlers use and it would be a wonder what his ringstyle would look like?

-Magnus is probably signing with WWE next year. Everyone seems to expect that to happen. TNA does fuck all with him, so he must be in the best shape of his life for some reason. He might have to get rid of Mickie James, though. Imagine the jokes he'll get in that locker room.

The rest of the TNA roster are people WWE have never wanted like Morgan and Joey Ryan, people they fired and dont want back like Anderson and D'Lo and people like Hogan, Sting and Hardy who they would have but are getting more money than the rest of the TNA roster combined. The pay scale is loopy in TNA. There are people who are paid well enough not to what to go anywhere, people who are paid decent and dont want to take the risk going anywhere and the poor cunts who have nowhere to go and get what they are given.

Well summed up, Ian. The good thing TNA do is make good use of WWE rejects but I think WWE are more than content to keep producing their own stars for the future.

I also strongly agree on the Bobby Roode front, they say the cream always comes to the top and it has in Roode at TNA. I had no idea he was that old though which can work to his favour as he moves and looks far younger than his years.

The only TNA wrestler I can really see moving to WWE is Magnus. The fact that the average size of the TNA roster is much smaller rules almost all of their main eventers out of ever being a big player in WWE. As for the bigger guys on the roster, guys like Robbie T or Crimson might stand a chance of signing with WWE, based purely on their size.

I really don't think WWE would be interested in signing Joe, due to the fact that he's out of shape and because he's been in TNA long enough for WWE viewers to recognise him as "a TNA wrestler".

The only TNA wrestler I can really see moving to WWE is Magnus. The fact that the average size of the TNA roster is much smaller rules almost all of their main eventers out of ever being a big player in WWE. As for the bigger guys on the roster, guys like Robbie T or Crimson might stand a chance of signing with WWE, based purely on their size.

I really don't think WWE would be interested in signing Joe, due to the fact that he's out of shape and because he's been in TNA long enough for WWE viewers to recognise him as "a TNA wrestler".

They had him to begin with down in FCW and let him go. They must have thought there was no hope for him then.

The bloke has a ton going for him though. Size and look. But he's stiff as shit. He can't move about and his facial expressions are fucking awful. He has fuck all charisma to boot and is never going to get anywhere with that soft welsh accent.

Crimson isn't half bad though. He's still young. He's a decent enough talker and I'm sure with a bit more polishing WWE could come calling because he's certainly got the 'look'.

Crimson was best when he was he playing the cunt with his streak, mocking Goldberg and that. He still wasn't any good, but the story and him being a heel totally allowed for it. I'm not sure where the end point would have been used best, but I was disappointed it was in that James Storm Warrior/Honky squash at Slammiversary. Storm's been mostly fucked since Lockdown. That Beer Money payoff at BFG was absolutely brilliant, but he lost again the next month and just looks a total Luger these days. The fans are long off that bandwagon.

Back on topic, Joe had a fabulous year for the most part, particularly in the Magnus team and during his run with the title. The Slammiversary opener with Aries was my favourite match in TNA this year. A WWE run at this point would be a hard sell though. Too short to be big man muscle, too much of a little fat shit to be a top babyface, too many "good moves for a fat guy" to be a heel with any substance.

TNA, for the most part have a pattern of dreadfulness when it comes to sustaining their homegrowns well. Luckily, as Ian's post shows, most of the decent hands stick around until they stumble into getting over again like Daniels and Joe this year, and AJ multiple times. If you're a proper TNA "guy", at some point or another, they'll fuck up with you and you'll have to start again. That's shown over the whole ten years - you need WWE/WCW shine to survive the valleys in the booking between the peaks. Jeff Jarrett, Raven, Nash, Angle, Jeff Hardy, Hogan, 3D, Sting etc are always reliable to stay over or brush off the shit stuff and stay getting pushed accordingly. It's a typical TNA paradox - as much as they bum themselves when it comes to growing their own superstars, it's those lot that always seem the first to suffer more from terrible booking or complete mishandling. I'm no Eric Young fan, but for all he's given them, they've basically made him virtually unemployable beyond working for them.

• Paid Members

Sorry for being a pedantic tit, but wasn't Morgan off to WWE, a few months back, but TNA filed that lawsuit against them which prevented the move?

TNA is the best fit for most of their wrestlers. I wonder how well some of the TNA blokes will do with all the crap that comes with working under the WWE machine. Ian brings up that point with James Storm; take away his gimmicks and he's just another NXT-er.

Personally, I think Gunner has some potential. Looks good (although I maintain he'd look well harder with a skinhead) and is great at playing the hard bastard. No idea how old he is though.

• Paid Members
Don't get the love for Magnus, he's boring as fuck. The only way I'd like to see him in wwe is part of some British invasion type stable. Yeah, predictable but STABLEZ.

I really rate Magnus. His in ring improvement the year he was in the British Invasion vs MCMG etc (2009?) was really noticeable, and in the time since the in ring opportunities have decreased but his stage presence is exponentially better. Exactly what he needs for WWE.

As for being boring.. it hasn't stopped Wade Barrett. It'd be interesting to see Barrett and Magnus side by side to see how they compare size-wise. I reckon Barrett is quite a lot bigger.

I know the WWE likes to push their big men but if a small(ish) fella is good enough, he'll get the push.

So even if TNA's stars aren't your typical big muscular WWE-looking champ, they could still get a decent run in the WWE if they're good enough.

Archived