Tables, Ladders and Chairs PPV

niff

Just watched the whole show and really enjoyed it. Dolph sold the steel steps to the face spot so damn well ...

The opening tag match was a lot of fun, with some amusing "Cody's Moustache" chants, Cesaro vs. Truth was acceptable, and Kingston vs. Barrett was okay (but looked sluggish throughout).

I, like everyone else, enjoyed the six man TLC. For me, it wasn't anywhere near MOTY, but it was a welcome change to the standard TLC fare and was very unpredictable in parts. As others have already said, Ambrose's selling of the suplex-ladder spot was a bit ridiculous. My eight year old kid loved it though. Oh, and for the first time, I actually enjoyed watching Ryback. Built correctly, he could be something special ... I think ...

Sheamus vs. Show was really strong, I thought. The finish was excellent too. I fast-forwarded the Women's bout and six person tag (feat 3MB vs. Miz/Del Rio/Brawler) due to time constraints and skipped straight to the main event, which I thought was good. Dolph was his usual amazing self and the atmosphere of the crowd certainly elevated the match to 'very good' instead of 'average'. Not too keen on the whole AJ character, but the pop from the crowd was great as she turned on Cena.

One of the better WWE PPV's from 2012. Impressive.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reigns selling strikes looked weird as well, he's not been at it long has he?

I'd forgotten about that actually. He looked like the baddest man alive when he 'took over' the announce table but then his selling just didn't seem at all right. I wondered if maybe he was selling it a little too much. He's gold as the enforcer though, and if he can sell a bit better in the future I reckon he's actually the one to watch from the group.

Ambrose's selling was amazing.

It was just a bit too comedic for me. I'd have probably been fine with it in any other match but I just felt like it didn't serve the intensity really. He kind of bounded right back up from the suplex and looked like he was gurning in an attempt to earn himself a spot as a camp comedy character in a pantomine. Everything else about his performance was fine, and I'm not opposed to his tribute act of Sting's tribute act of the Joker, it was just that one particular moment that completely me took me out of what was otherwise a really fun match.

The WWE has a lot of potential on their hands with Ryback and The Shield but I'm not sure how they realise it. They were ace together tonight but I'd keep them seperate for a little bit, build The Shield up and then have Ryback mow through them but I'm not sure they can. Ryback has to be in a main feud, and if Punk's going to be busy with The Rock there aren't a lot of options for him. I'd feed Ziggler to him but I doubt anyone would agree with me on that. Maybe it was just a damn good match but it feels like if the WWE strike while the iron is hot they could make The Shield and Ryback right now, but they've got all these nostalgia acts to protect and it's a bit difficult knowing where to fit everything.

• Moderators

Ryback has to be in a main feud, and if Punk's going to be busy with The Rock there aren't a lot of options for him. I'd feed Ziggler to him but I doubt anyone would agree with me on that.

No, I'm with you on that, to be honest. Dolph's damaged goods now in my eyes. Go with the fresh and strong potential, and that's Ryback (who is something special for the way he recovered from HITC) and The Shield.

I am not sure what they can do with Ziggler now. He has retained the MITB case but I cannot see him beating Show or Sheamus any time soon for the title.As for the PPV itself, the 6-man TLC and the main event both stood out and were very good, and there was nothing really bad on the rest of the show (outside of MizTV and 3MB who still do nothing for me).

Echo people's thoughts on the PPV, one of the best all year. Opening tag was decent, Sin Cara looked pretty banged up afterwards mind.6-man was fantastic. Great work from all six men, booked well too. My only gripe? not the wrestlers, the result, the predictable spots... none of them... It was the bloody cameraman on the announcers side!I'm all for the crash zooms, "action camera" malarky. But my god, Headache!

• Paid Members

I won a couple of quid with a relatively safe accumulator on Cesaro, Kofi, Shield and Big Show. In the end all of the match outcomes were predictable, so it's a testament to the quality of the matches that the show wasn't a let down. Instead, I'd say it was one of the most enjoyable of the year. Top performances from start to finish, with the six man TLC the outstanding match on the night. What a debut for the three Shield members, they have set the bar pretty fucking high for themselves there.I was very happy to see a big performance from Ryback and more importantly, fans are firmly on his side now, both at the shows and on here. He lost at Hell In A Cell, failed to win at Survivor Series and now lost again at TLC, but he's still getting over like a motherfucker and has been booked pretty well since that first defeat. Last night he looked like a boss, despite being unable to prevent Bryan taking the fall.

Not sure if this will work as it's a Facebook link, but check this out. Created by a mong, for the amusement of mongs.http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=564...pe=1&ref=nf

The best comment is about how Hogan and Cena only know one move and will never learn how to work in the ring. I always said that the more people boo Cena the more of a face he seems to me. I felt that same way again. He's in there with a busted eye working his arse off and the more people jeer him or chant "you can't wrestle" or whatever the more you can't help but respect and like him. And while I get why people have some issues with his performance I don't really get how anyone can't respect him for actually busting his backside off to entertain people who are actively trying to ruin a show for their own amusement. There's wrestlers, actors, footballers and rock stars who would have had the hump and told people to fuck off by now. And instead Cena's there falling off ladders. He's way too good to the fans. And you know if he did tell them to fuck off they'd all be hailing him as the second, first, or third coming.

• Paid Members

My stereotype mate posted it, while we were in the middle of a pitched battle over whether Ziggler should have won clean or not. He thinks it matters that it wasn't clean. It doesn't.

Cena-Cannot wreslte -Rana - Jesus Christ.

The best comment is about how Hogan and Cena only know one move and will never learn how to work in the ring.

I was quite fond of that myself.

Not sure if this will work as it's a Facebook link, but check this out. Created by a mong, for the amusement of mongs.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=564...pe=1&ref=nf

I'll admit I chuckled at "Hurri-can't-rana".

Devil's advocate, but to me, it seemed like the result of the hurricanrana could have been more faulted to Ziggler than Cena. I know Ziggler's the golden boy and it's popular to rag on Cena's moves, but I've rewatched that gif a few times, and Cena leaps up correctly and torques his body the right way, but the move requires a great deal of cooperation, and Ziggler needed to grasp Cena's legs and flip forward, that bit was done awkwardly on Ziggler's end. I get that he might have altered it to go through the table more safely- had he done a forward flip, the hurricanrana would have looked more crisp, but it's a more dangerous way to go through the table. Just my take on it.

I see a lot of people praising Ryback, and I have to echo that. I was critical when his main event push started, I believed he was too limited in his ability, but he's rose to the occasion nicely with better matches and promos, so kudos to him. I kinda want to see him face off against Brock Lesnar or Big Show now.

They dont back down, they cut the ring in half when on the attack

TLC was their first match, wasn't it? They didn't have an opportunity to show they could cut the ring in half as they didn't have partners to tag in. It was chaotic and all over the place, not methodical and you wouldn't expect that from a TLC.

Good event though. Special mention goes to Naomi lining up and executing a standing Goldust arse to the face. I assume it was a botch. TLC was clearly the highlight. Ziggler and Cena finish was predictable but what happens next isn't as predictable. I haven't watched regularly in a few months; how come Orton wasn't on the card? I'm thinking perhaps him vs. Orton for the title at Mania.

• Paid Members

First PPV I've watched in months, absolutely cracking. The Shield were fantastic, an amazing performance considering that was their first PPV experience. The bit where Reigns told the Mexicans that it was his table now was fantastic. Where did they find this guy? He's superb.

I hope Naomi is never allowed to wrestle another match as long as she lives, though. It was absolutely embarrassing.

• Paid Members
I haven't watched regularly in a few months; how come Orton wasn't on the card?

Hurt. Was originally pencilled in to wrestle Del Rio again, so THANK GOD he was hurt.

Archived