Tables, Ladders and Chairs PPV

niff

John Cena did a Hurricanrana. I guess the 5 moves of doom jokes he's been making recently DID have a purpose.

Yeah, a botched hurricanrana is really gonna win over those haters.

Crowd were great. 6 man tag was immense. Rollins looked proper fooked after his bump.

Ziggler got a pretty big pop from the crowd and did really well. Ending was predictable enough but still enjoyed it.

Show-Sheamus was a bit disappointing, I thought, though it picked up a wee bit towards the end. The Shield match really needed to go on later in the show to give the chairs match a chance. Given the carnage level, they could easily have justified putting it last.

Barrett had a ton of support as well, really good to see him getting over, even if it is with the more "PPV" type crowd.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My favourite PPV this year. Obviously the six man tag (with the Shield, not 3MB) was the highlight. Dean Ambrose is deceivingly athletic, Rollins took a six bump, and Reigns had the line of the night to the Spanish announcers- "Move, fools, it's my table now!" The Shield have recaptured the Attitude Era vibe for me, it's not all about blood and swearing, they seem dangerous and unpredictable, from their E&C entrance through the crowd, wrestling in street clothes, going through barriers, taking out announce tables... we don't see these things very often anymore.

This really should have gone on last, the AJ turn wasn't that big a deal, she was a heel only a few months ago.

Sin Cara took another sick bump. Another appearance where he looked good and didn't botch, I can't believe no one else seems to appreciate his improvement.

Everything else was very good, apart from that Miz/Del Rio/Brawler/3MB mess. Even the Divas match was surprisingly athletic with Naomi. On a lesser PPV, Ziggler/Cena would have stood out more, great effort there. I found Sheamus/Show to be nowhere near the level of their previous 2 PPV matches, don't get me wrong, it was fine, but disappointing compared to the high benchmark set before.

Echo the positive thoughts, really tremendous show all round. The Six Man TLC match was particularly good at giving everybody some shine who needed it. Reminded me of one of those 2000 PPV midcard matches where everybody was hot and had time to get their shit in and look like a big deal. Ryback's involvement was just about perfect too, apart from the slightly overlong spell he was selling the table powerbomb. They've done everything right with The Sheild so far, there was some believable unity between the three, the match was fantastically well booked for them. Cena/Dolph delivered with an ending that at least throws the door open to something or other, Big Show/Sheamus had an excellent end few minutes as they always do, and the Del Rio face turn segment was electric even if the match a mere hour later seemed to hamstring it.

Stirling work though, looking forward to the post-Christmas charge to the Rumble.

John Cena did a Hurricanrana. I guess the 5 moves of doom jokes he's been making recently DID have a purpose.

Yeah, a botched hurricanrana is really gonna win over those haters.

Forget to switch the sarcasm detector on did we?

Anyways, pretty good PPV by B-Show standards. Opener was a fun little table match, but someone else already said, single 'fall' tag team table matches can be a bit weak. Both members should always have to go through a table. That said, Sin Cara going through that table was class. It was like one of those slow motion moments.

Cesaro and Truth wasn't offensive, nor was Kofi/Wade, but I hope all 4 of these guys move on now.

6 Man TLC was done to perfection, it would've cut The Shields legs off but my suspension of disbelief held up in this match and I really thought Ryback/Hell No were gonna take it.

Enjoyed the little divas match too, wasn't aware that Naomi could actually wrestle either.

Miz/Del Rio/Brawler... To echo Michael Cole, I can't believe we're at a 2012 Pay Per View that features the Brooklyn Brawler. Still, 3MB got on PPV twice. Swings and roundabouts.

We pretty much all saw the end of Dolph/Cena coming too. Too bad they couldn't have given Dolph the clean win though. Not interested in why AJ turned on Cena though. I just wish she would fuck off out of the top feuds.

Just wanted to throw in love for Michael Cole nearly calling Ryback's spear a spear, stopping himself and calling it a tackle as the goldberg chants start.

I was listening to a lot of the show as I was working at the time. The announcers were just having so much fun at tlc. I swear it's like they were slightly drunk. Cracking jokes, trying to one up one another. Kind of added to the show.

so the 6 man tag was awesome!

PPV isn't over yet, no live discussion as Butch said in the post above yours

So i cant say i enjoy a match? I didnt say who won or spoil anything. Just that i enjoyed what was a great match!

Not saying you can't but the mods have a rule about discussing PPV's while its still going, personally I would have them locked until the PPV is over

Back on topic, awesome show. 6 man tag was both match of the night and up there in match of the year stakes, the Cena/Ziggler match ran it close though

so the 6 man tag was awesome!

PPV isn't over yet, no live discussion as Butch said in the post above yours

So i cant say i enjoy a match? I didnt say who won or spoil anything. Just that i enjoyed what was a great match!

Not saying you can't but the mods have a rule about discussing PPV's while its still going, personally I would have them locked until the PPV is over

Back on topic, awesome show. 6 man tag was both match of the night and up there in match of the year stakes, the Cena/Ziggler match ran it close though

cheers for clearing that up. didnt realise you couldnt even discuss it. on a side note i cant help but think that Dean Ambrose will be a major player in years to come.

Archived