UKFF Hip Hop Thread

Chest Rockwell

• Paid Members

Yeah, it's Tom Hardy. I didn't think it was a huge secret as I've seen Esoteric post pics with Hardy on his Insta etc. I've not heard the new album yet, they signed a deal with Sony recently though so I'm hoping for a UK tour (dont think they've ever been over here?).

Just now, wandshogun09 said:

I had no idea! Couldn’t find much about it when I looked it up either other than speculation. 

Let's just run with it mate!

It seems there is a lot that has been "verified" 

The fact that the rapper is also called Face Puller and Tom had that in his bio. Zero other information about a rapper who is very decent, surely there would be SOMETHING out there about him if it wasn't?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

I managed to miss Chuck D releasing a baseball concept album last year and it's excellent. A combination of two things I like that I never would have expected. Cheap pops from me for the baseball related samples and references, but it's a cracking 30 minute listen.

• 2 weeks later...

Lil Dicky has a new album out, Penith, which is songs from the Dave show.

Harrison Ave is great, as is the video for that, but this is the real winner.

I can't stop walking around singing "I know you've dated Taylor Kitsch, and I know you've seen Ryan Goslings dick" 

It's better than 99% of the rap I've heard recently. @Chest Rockwell just so the chorus is now in your head again :)

Edited by SuperBacon
Grammar

• Moderators

Ah sweet. Looking forward to hearing some of those tracks properly in full!

That hook has already been back in my head for a few days incidentally, triggered just from don't a picture of Rachael mcadans

Edited by Chest Rockwell

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators

It's a few years old but last week I 'discovered' Reasonable Drought by Stove God Cook. It's fucking brilliant. 

I think I'd never bothered before because I mentality lumped him in with the Griselda lot but this is better than anything they've ever done.

I'm generally a fan of Roc Marciano's production anyway but it really complements Stove God's flow brilliantly, which is really unique and interesting.

How much you like this album may depend on how much you enjoy off key rap singing, but I'm a big fan of that.  And on that I feel like the likes of Biggie, DOOM and Ghostface all approach(ed) that in a very similar way, but he's really got his own style of it that I love.

Anyway. Strongly recommended.

Also good timing for having got in to it as a new single of his produced by conductor Williams just came out that's really nice too.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

On 12/12/2023 at 5:25 PM, SuperBacon said:

Freddie Gibbs over 88 Keys production off Kanyes new album. Sounds wicked.

This is officially out now.

I have absolutely zero desire to hear a full Kanye album these days, but I love this track and Gibbs sounds immaculate on his verse.

@Chest Rockwell I like what I've heard of Stove, I'll check that out, thanks.

• Paid Members

Yeah Stove God’s been a highlight of everything I’ve heard him on so far and Reasonable Drought is probably one of my favourite albums in recent years.

There’s a song he did with Busta Rhymes, Ghostface and Raekwon (and Westside Gunn) that I really like and as always WSG’s the shittest thing on his own track. Stop it at around 3:25 to avoid him and you’re golden. 

Just listened to it again and realised Stove’s barely on that song! So here;

Edited by wandshogun09

• 2 weeks later...

Some absolute belters in the quotes but these are my favourites.

And don't worry @Scott Malbranque someone has you covered for your fave :)

I dunno about worst but the most unintentionally hilarious line for me is Cappadonna on Ice Cream "I love you like I love my dick size" which is fantastic. 

A young Bacon* once thought he was a genius as he thought of the line "Even if your girl is a Muttley, I'll stick dick her dastardly" which looking back could qualify for that tweet.

*young Bacon wasn't getting any girls, Muttleys or otherwise. 

• 2 weeks later...