UKFF Hip Hop Thread

Chest Rockwell

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if I should post this here or in the telly thread but has anyone watched 'Dear Mama' yet? I'm half way through episode 2 and finding it compelling viewing. Some great interviews in there and lots of old interview footage of Tupac's that I haven't seen before. All I've watched so far has been narrated by Afeni Shakur which is a little unnerving given that she passed away in 2016, so I don't know if they began filming before her death or if its old footage they have used and spliced in but it doesn't sound that way, I guess it may just be excellently done.

Or she is in Cuba with Tupac and just did the voiceover for them as a favour.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw a lovely video of Flav receiving a gift from Taylor Swift the other day. Was lovely.

Found this song from Talk To Me, bit of Aussie drill from ONEFOUR. 

That made me revisit some Brad Strut, and I still love his The Authentic album, a favourite of teenage backpacker Bacon.

Also, despite having heard the names The Grouch and Eligh for years, I'd never heard them properly before but I've been bumping this pretty nonstop recently.

Whole album is solid headnod ish. Lovely.

• 2 weeks later...

It will come as no surprise to long time readers of this thread that I absolutely adore the new Aesop Rock album. Only listened the once but it might be his best work since Labor Days, which is the highest of praise I can give it.

This is just stunning storytelling rap.

Would encourage you to read the lyrics along, as it goes from surreal and weird to depressing as.

https://genius.com/Aesop-rock-aggressive-steven-lyrics

Please, please, please tour over here you hermit.

• Paid Members
On 11/14/2023 at 5:39 PM, SuperBacon said:

I have searched online for a good 20 minutes to see whether this is a joke or not, and it isn't. 

Features a song called "The Slang Word P(*)ssy Rolls Off the Tongue With Far Better Ease Than the Proper Word Vagina. Do You Agree?"

OK Andre.

The memes have been great. There's hundreds along this line...

😅

• 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Been listening to this new Czarface…

Don’t know if anyone here is aware of it but it’s completely escaped me until now…apparently, there’s a lot of talk that Frankie Pulitzer on this track is actually Tom Hardy! My initial reaction was that it must be bollocks but the more I’m reading the more I’m getting sucked into believing it 🤣 anyone know anything about this? Whoever it is, his verse on this song (first verse) is really good and he’s featured on a few other Czarface album songs.