The Random/Weird/Quirky Photo Thread

EdgarTheSlouch

• Moderators

Everyone that I know who has an opinion on Grimshaw hates him. I think he's a total twat.. But he was brought in to appeal to young people and I don't know many 'young people'.

What do they think of him? Anyone know?

Sorry to go off topic here but I was wondering this the other day..

Cant find the Rajar ratings for his first quarter yet but I will note that Radio 1 already had a core of younger listeners but also had a big core of older ones who used to listen to Moyles for the comedy side as well as the music.

Soon as Grimshaw came on almost everyone i know who used to listen to Moyles turned over to the likes of Capital with Hirsty or Radio 2 with Chris Evans. Radio is like any other entertainment business, If you alientate half your audience while trying to appeal to an audience you already had then expect a drop.

Some would go anyway just because its "not Moylesy" but Grimshaw's style of presentation just makes me turn the dial. Dont get me wrong, i'd much rather be doing the R1 Breakfast show then the shows i currently do on air and fairplay to the guy for getting the gig in the first place but I think that the ratings will fall

• Paid Members
Everyone that I know who has an opinion on Grimshaw hates him. I think he's a total twat.. But he was brought in to appeal to young people and I don't know many 'young people'.

It depends really. I'm the youngest in my office, but I can't stand him. However the other "youngsters" seem to love him and radio 1. But that's a moot point as they are mongs anyway!

It depends really. I'm the youngest in my office, but I can't stand him. However the other "youngsters" seem to love him and radio 1. But that's a moot point as they are mongs anyway!

im 22 and turned off radio 1 the moment he came on air, I dont like his style of show and the features just dont appeal to me, he does this wake up thing with sound effects and celebrity clips and its the same ones every day, just grates on me in general

• Paid Members

Oh, Grimshaw is shocking. I know the BBC isn't supposed to be scratching for ratings, but his appeal can't be very widespread. Admittedly i've only tuned in once or twice since he started, but i'm far from being the only one.

I only question why are Radio 1 so desperate to appeal to the 'yoof' audience when they had a decent listener base before.

Forgive me for sounding old and all that, but... that ad on BBC 1 for Grimshaw and his Clique... that IS a pisstake, right? I mean, they're sending themselves up?

I'm assuming so, because otherwise it's the saddest thing I've ever seen on the Beeb. Even if it is a sendup, they STILL come across as tossers.

• Paid Members

Forgive me for sounding old and all that, but... that ad on BBC 1 for Grimshaw and his Clique... that IS a pisstake, right? I mean, they're sending themselves up?

I'm assuming so, because otherwise it's the saddest thing I've ever seen on the Beeb. Even if it is a sendup, they STILL come across as tossers.

That's Radio 1 for ya... Pre-Grimshaw days in my opinion as well!