Paid Members IANdrewDiceClay Posted January 21, 2013 Paid Members Posted January 21, 2013 I've always thought Psicosis looked like porn actor Marco Banderas. Everytime I'm knocking one out and he pops up I go "there's Psicosis again. Banging away".
Brother Mouzone Posted January 22, 2013 Posted January 22, 2013 with some of Paramore and Nick Grimshaw.
Sheffbag Posted January 22, 2013 Posted January 22, 2013 Grimshaw is a tosser of the highest order - sounds like the bastard child of Dale Winton and Rylan
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted January 22, 2013 Moderators Posted January 22, 2013 Everyone that I know who has an opinion on Grimshaw hates him. I think he's a total twat.. But he was brought in to appeal to young people and I don't know many 'young people'. What do they think of him? Anyone know? Sorry to go off topic here but I was wondering this the other day..
Sheffbag Posted January 22, 2013 Posted January 22, 2013 Cant find the Rajar ratings for his first quarter yet but I will note that Radio 1 already had a core of younger listeners but also had a big core of older ones who used to listen to Moyles for the comedy side as well as the music. Soon as Grimshaw came on almost everyone i know who used to listen to Moyles turned over to the likes of Capital with Hirsty or Radio 2 with Chris Evans. Radio is like any other entertainment business, If you alientate half your audience while trying to appeal to an audience you already had then expect a drop. Some would go anyway just because its "not Moylesy" but Grimshaw's style of presentation just makes me turn the dial. Dont get me wrong, i'd much rather be doing the R1 Breakfast show then the shows i currently do on air and fairplay to the guy for getting the gig in the first place but I think that the ratings will fall
Paid Members Bettencourt Posted January 22, 2013 Paid Members Posted January 22, 2013 Everyone that I know who has an opinion on Grimshaw hates him. I think he's a total twat.. But he was brought in to appeal to young people and I don't know many 'young people'. What do they think of him? Anyone know? Sorry to go off topic here but I was wondering this the other day.. It depends really. I'm the youngest in my office, but I can't stand him. However the other "youngsters" seem to love him and radio 1. But that's a moot point as they are mongs anyway!
Paid Members 2Xtreme_lives Posted January 22, 2013 Paid Members Posted January 22, 2013 Everyone that I know who has an opinion on Grimshaw hates him. I think he's a total twat.. But he was brought in to appeal to young people and I don't know many 'young people'. What do they think of him? Anyone know? Sorry to go off topic here but I was wondering this the other day.. It depends really. I'm the youngest in my office, but I can't stand him. However the other "youngsters" seem to love him and radio 1. But that's a moot point as they are mongs anyway! im 22 and turned off radio 1 the moment he came on air, I dont like his style of show and the features just dont appeal to me, he does this wake up thing with sound effects and celebrity clips and its the same ones every day, just grates on me in general
Paid Members garynysmon Posted January 22, 2013 Paid Members Posted January 22, 2013 Oh, Grimshaw is shocking. I know the BBC isn't supposed to be scratching for ratings, but his appeal can't be very widespread. Admittedly i've only tuned in once or twice since he started, but i'm far from being the only one. I only question why are Radio 1 so desperate to appeal to the 'yoof' audience when they had a decent listener base before.
Loki Posted January 22, 2013 Posted January 22, 2013 Everyone that I know who has an opinion on Grimshaw hates him. I think he's a total twat.. But he was brought in to appeal to young people and I don't know many 'young people'. What do they think of him? Anyone know? Sorry to go off topic here but I was wondering this the other day.. Forgive me for sounding old and all that, but... that ad on BBC 1 for Grimshaw and his Clique... that IS a pisstake, right? I mean, they're sending themselves up? I'm assuming so, because otherwise it's the saddest thing I've ever seen on the Beeb. Even if it is a sendup, they STILL come across as tossers.
Paid Members Bettencourt Posted January 22, 2013 Paid Members Posted January 22, 2013 Everyone that I know who has an opinion on Grimshaw hates him. I think he's a total twat.. But he was brought in to appeal to young people and I don't know many 'young people'. What do they think of him? Anyone know? Sorry to go off topic here but I was wondering this the other day.. Forgive me for sounding old and all that, but... that ad on BBC 1 for Grimshaw and his Clique... that IS a pisstake, right? I mean, they're sending themselves up? I'm assuming so, because otherwise it's the saddest thing I've ever seen on the Beeb. Even if it is a sendup, they STILL come across as tossers. That's Radio 1 for ya... Pre-Grimshaw days in my opinion as well!
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted January 22, 2013 Moderators Posted January 22, 2013 Yes it's a pisstake.. but yes, that doesn't stop it from being cringeworthy and awful.
fugaziuk Posted January 22, 2013 Posted January 22, 2013 Used to listen to moyles - tried grimshaw but hated it - discovered Shaun Keaveny breakfast show on 6 music - much better than evans etc.
Keith Houchen Posted January 22, 2013 Posted January 22, 2013 Aye, Keaveny is where it's at in Casa Houchen. Tweeted him once about how I was listening to the show whilst having my morning dump and he read it on air and called me a dirty so and so. That was a pleasant dump.
Paid Members IANdrewDiceClay Posted January 22, 2013 Paid Members Posted January 22, 2013 Look at the size of this bloke. Fucking hell. He's done well hasn't he?
Merzbow Posted January 22, 2013 Posted January 22, 2013 That man should be an inspiration to fat lads everywhere.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.