The Random/Weird/Quirky Photo Thread

EdgarTheSlouch

Nah I think it's a case of less is more. A guy just walking around with guns in his hand seems dangerous, but then giving them up to a mere referee takes that all away as he's adhering to rules.

By that logic...Brutus coming down with shears and then putting them down is the same thing???

• Paid Members
Nah I think it's a case of less is more. A guy just walking around with guns in his hand seems dangerous, but then giving them up to a mere referee takes that all away as he's adhering to rules.

Its about image. Nobody in their right mind believes he intends to use those guns and that isn't implied at all. Your logic is baffling.

• Paid Members
Doesn't it look a bit silly coming to the ring with guns, looking tough, but then having to give them up to the ref and wrestle?

Only because its the first time for me seeing a wrestler come to the ring with guns.

In reality, it's no different to LODs spikes, Warlords staff or beefcakes sheers. Also, in 80's & 90s WWF, you also had commentators going ballistic at the fact at a wrestler was carrying a weapon. I've got no idea if the Japanese commentators have addressed it.

Edit: just realised this has been pointed out several times.

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

• Paid Members
I really hope he writes a book at some point.

In kayfabe.

"It's fair to say I don't remember much before the fire..."

• Awards Moderator
I really hope he writes a book at some point.

In kayfabe.

"It's fair to say I don't remember much before the fire..."

Pretty sure there's already been a kayfabe Kane book...

EDIT: Yes, thought so. Kane: Journey Into Darkness - An Unauthorised History

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

Kane should have grown his hair like that when he was unmasked, unkempt long frizzy mousy brown/grey hair would have been terrifying. I agree, I'd love to see a book from Kane, there have been long periods of his career where I fast forwarded whatever he was involved in but 2012 really proved that with the right opponents or tag partner and how he chooses to play the character he can be incredibly entertaining.

Here is an interview with Kane and Daniel Bryan from a radio interview which I found really entertaining. One of the highlights being Bryan saying that the boys backstage call his partner "close minded Kane", especially when it comes to Kane disagreeing with Bryan making clothes from his beard.

Here's the link.

Edited by thesimonbegz