Jump to content

The Random/Weird/Quirky Photo Thread


EdgarTheSlouch

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Posted

What's the story with Hero then?  Is he deliberately trying to look shit or has he just lost all motivation since getting released?  He must know how awful he looks, it seems bizarre he's still working in tights with his gut hanging out and making zero effort to hold it in.  From someone who's never even seen a Chris Hero match (I think, unless he was in TNA early doors) I find it all quite intriguing.

Posted

Think that's an older pic of Hero, saw him in Birmingham about 3 weeks ago and was in much better shape than that though not ripped but he's never had that kind of physique.

Posted

He was in shot shape when he was released, and I imagine that was the main reason for his release.

Id love to know what was going through his mind while he was there. He was at the biggest global promotion and was being paid to get into shape and make something of himself on worldwide TV and he couldn't be bothered

  • Paid Members
Posted

Think that's an older pic of Hero, saw him in Birmingham about 3 weeks ago and was in much better shape than that though not ripped but he's never had that kind of physique.

 

Correct, i was there for the same show. Judging by the new PWG trailer as well, he appears to be even better shape now as well.

 

I never really minded fat Hero. I think he just let himself go because the guy wanted a break. He got into killer shape to make it to WWE, he looked great in his last NXT appearance and was let go shortly after. He probably just wanted a few months to relax and eat a bunch of junk food for a few months instead of going straight back to gym life. Now that he's had his fun, he clearly knows how to get back into shape again.

 

It reminds me of Rob Mcelhenney, who plays Mac in 'It's Always Sunny In Philidelphia'. He's a known gym freak and he purposely got into bad shape in order to use it as a storyline in the afore mentioned TV show. Comparing the two, I think people would of liked Hero's more rounded figure a lot more if he played up to it (which, to my knowledge, he never).

Posted

He was in shot shape when he was released, and I imagine that was the main reason for his release.

Id love to know what was going through his mind while he was there. He was at the biggest global promotion and was being paid to get into shape and make something of himself on worldwide TV and he couldn't be bothered

Apparently, and I'm sure I read this somewhere but don't hold me to it, but wrestlers in development are, as part of their training, required to spend a minimum of 2 hours per day in the gym working out. If they wish to do more, they obviously can, but 2 hours per day is the minimum.

 

If true, I would like to know how Hero spent his 2 hours as, althought in better shape than that picture shows, he was by no means in great shape in NXT either.

Posted

 

The Rock looked so fucking camp during his "Maivia" days.

 

So multicoloured tassels, baby oil and a cheesy grin are camp? Never!

 

19961117_rock.jpg

 

 

Nah he still looked camp without the tassels, baby oil and grin. Smart ass

  • Moderators
Posted

B50hSfeCUAAJ-Le.jpg

 

Lance Russell is 88 and still looking great. Even presented a TV show with old friend and colleague Dave Brown the other week looking at Classic Memphis. I'd put money on him still being able to announce rings around anyone else at the commentary desk too. What an absolute star.

  • Paid Members
Posted

The WWE did a really good job of making Wrestlemania 9's set look good. Compare it to the usual set-up for Boxing at the Ceasar's Palace car park.

 

WM9-3.png

 

box_hagler_leonard_01.jpg

Posted

I always thought that WrestleMania 9 had the smallest attendance record but it was actually WrestleMania 7 that had the smallest. WrestleMania 9 had around 700 + more. But when you watch Mania 9 it just looks small for a typical WrestleMania venue.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...