The Random/Weird/Quirky Photo Thread

EdgarTheSlouch

• Paid Members

Surely there are limits to who you have to point out. John Cena is infinitely more recognisable than Indie Wrestler #476, for example. Justin Roberts has been on WWE television longer than Mean Gene's first run, I can't imagine anyone genuinely not recognising him unless current wrestling means so little to them that any modern picture in this thread will just be like looking at someone else's family photos anyway.

Yeah, to be fair, Justin Roberts is a very recognisable person in the world of wrestling. I find it pretty weird that anybody on this forum wouldn't recognise him. What are people doing on a wrestling forum in 2014 if they haven't watched WWE in a decade?

I watched WWE TV this week. The pic just didn't click as Justin Roberts with me. What's wrong with me asking? Edited by Thunderplex

• Paid Members

Yeah, to be fair, Justin Roberts is a very recognisable person in the world of wrestling. I find it pretty weird that anybody on this forum wouldn't recognise him.

I didn't and neither did I recognise Kris Kristofersson on the last page. Looks totally different without the beard.

• Paid Members

Yeah, to be fair, Justin Roberts is a very recognisable person in the world of wrestling. I find it pretty weird that anybody on this forum wouldn't recognise him. What are people doing on a wrestling forum in 2014 if they haven't watched WWE in a decade? 

I legit have no idea who he is. Haven't watched since 2004. Have heard the name though. Is he a ref? Wrestler? Writer? MC?

Is he the MC that sounds like Lilian Garcia?

I legit have no idea who he is. Haven't watched since 2004. Have heard the name though. Is he a ref? Wrestler? Writer? MC?

Is he the MC that sounds like Lilian Garcia?

He's a wrestler, feuded with John Cena throughout 2010 for the world title. 

• Paid Members

I watched WWE TV this week. The pic just didn't click as Justin Roberts with me. What's wrong with me asking?

Nothing at all, and it certainly wouldn't take any effort for people to write a small description to accompany their pictures. I share the frustrations on that point. I was just pointing out that I find it odd that wrestling fans wouldn't recognise somebody like him, especially since he looks exactly the same in the picture that was posted to what he does today.

What's the story behind him being on Springer anyway? The only information that I can find is that he 'made an appearance'.

• Paid Members

Jerry Springer used to use indie wrestling people as guests all the time, maybe still does.

Some wrestling guy used to work as a guest booker for Springer its heyday. I'm 90% sure it was Jamie Dundee, who was on there a bunch of times.

Mad man pondo did it for a bit, he had alot of the IWA crew on there. I think he even stiffed one of them on air because "steve" didnt get to him in time

Edited by quote the raven

Think i Remember colt & punk wanting to get on with sunny being one of their mums, but being banged by the other

Edited by Louch

• Paid Members

Steve used to wrestle on the indy scene in the late 90s/early 2000s, didn't he? Someone told me that before I discovered dirtsheets and the like.

Here he is tagging with Gillberg!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MulVYofTEr4

(for future reference, how do you embed Youtubes?)

Edited by Arch Stanton