Jump to content

The Random/Weird/Quirky Photo Thread


EdgarTheSlouch

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted

I remember WWF's AOL promotional push in the mid-90s. I honestly thought the internet was a CD rom where you could download pictures. Like a WWF Magazine on CD. It was all so vague, like "I can wank over Sunny if I have a floppy disc? I can download pictures of Ahmed Johnson if I have the Amega plugged in? Eh?" I had no idea what they were banging on about in 95/96 when they would bring up AOL and screen savers. I was barely getting the hang of Sonic and Knuckles.

  • Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Posted

Is it just me who thinks 'Taker looks hard as fuck in that picture?

 

In fact seeing him looking that hard and tough makes me want an Undertaker vs. Negro Navarro/Black Terry match.

  • Paid Members
Posted
Who needs the WWE app?

 

1j02.jpg

That's the cleanest, whitest keyboard I think I've ever seen. I don't think they even come out the box that colour.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Where did I read that great transcript of Vince chatting to fans on AOL around this time? On here I presume? That was brilliant.

Posted

I feel sorry for the poor kid who got told he'd get a free t-shirt if he stood in the photo with Bret, only to be chucked that fucking rotten WWF world map one to wear. He saw Diesel wearing HBK's on Raw and got all excited for nothing.

Posted
I remember WWF's AOL promotional push in the mid-90s. I honestly thought the internet was a CD rom where you could download pictures. Like a WWF Magazine on CD. It was all so vague, like "I can wank over Sunny if I have a floppy disc? I can download pictures of Ahmed Johnson if I have the Amega plugged in? Eh?" I had no idea what they were banging on about in 95/96 when they would bring up AOL and screen savers. I was barely getting the hang of Sonic and Knuckles.

 

Same here, in 1996 kinda time I only had a really old PC with MS Dos and I remember typing in allsorts of variations of wwf.com, wwf, www.wwf.com into the dos command panel. Nothing happened so I just got back to playing Wolfenstein 3D, CD/Wolf3d.

  • Paid Members
Posted

I remember my uncle got a brand new PC with Windows 95 on it, my friend had one as well and had recently connected to the internet via AOL. Naturally I thought if I fucked around with my uncles PC long enough, I could achieve this. I might've even tried using one of those free CDs to give you an AOL trial. Needless to say, obviously, it didn't work and I fucked up a load of settings on it. I quietly went back to playing Championship Manager 2 and pleaded ignorance over any strange things the PC was now doing.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...