The Random/Weird/Quirky Photo Thread

EdgarTheSlouch

• Paid Members

The recently much-discussed Prince Devitt has tonight tweeted this pic of himself and the rest of the Bullet Club in black and white, and I think it looks superb.

tumblr_mp8abtYXud1svsahho1_1280.jpg

Anderson in particular looks a boss.

47 year old Too Cold Scorpio still flying high...

IMG_4304_72_1.jpg

Nice to see him apparently in good condition. Sucks that he's done nothing of note for the past decade or more though. Then again, that's probably why he's still healthy.

Still, sucks that someone as good as him has had such a crap career when you weigh it up. A year and a bit in WCW, 2 or 3 relevant months in WWF, and scratching his arse in pointless NOAH tags on and off for a few years.

He's been some underachiever.

• Moderators

Nothing of note is harsh, find his work from the past 10 years in random indies and small time puro feds and stuff, it's fucking brilliant. Shame there wasn't eyes on it. Scorp is fantastic. Still one of the best cracking today.

Nothing of note is harsh, find his work from the past 10 years in random indies and small time puro feds and stuff, it's fucking brilliant. Shame there wasn't eyes on it. Scorp is fantastic. Still one of the best cracking today.

That's my point.

He's great, so as long as he's in good shape, it should go without saying his stuff's going to be great. Not much use if it's hidden away to be seen by a few hundred folks and die-hards dedicated enough to hunt the footage down though.

If it's not in a real fed, it's nothing of note imo.

• Moderators

Nah, I know what you mean. It's just shite that he's pulling up trees around the country and it doesn't get seen. Shame. He's still amazing.

And not even that fat anymore.

• Moderators

I think that was during the WWE HIRE ANYONE drive of 06/07 which ended up with Brad Armstrong working ECW house shows and still looking 25.

Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Scorp got hired and worked down in FCW/house shows as Flash Funk. Never got back on TV. I think Henry Godwinn was even on the books for a bit.

For the record 2 Cold Scorpio has always been one of my faves. He was absolutely brilliant for a man a lot larger than a cruiserweight. His work was so good.

• Paid Members
I always wondered what his history of the grappling was before he hit WCW in 1992? I can't find any information of note. He seems to have been plucked out of nowhere.

Indie stuff in the Colorado area it was. He was pretty new to the business when he popped up in November 1992 for WCW.

I always wondered what his history of the grappling was before he hit WCW in 1992? I can't find any information of note. He seems to have been plucked out of nowhere.

Indie stuff in the Colorado area it was. He was pretty new to the business when he popped up in November 1992 for WCW.

Prior to WCW, Scorpio wrestled in Mexico and New Japan (was in the Dojo after being recommended by mate Vader).

• Paid Members

Prior to WCW, Scorpio wrestled in Mexico and New Japan (was in the Dojo after being recommended by mate Vader).

Never knew he did the Dojo or Mexico prior. The recommendation of Vader isn't surprising with the Colorado connection either.

The mention of Henry Godwinn's brief 'return' has reminded me of Dennis 'Mideon' Knight working as his old WCW character Tex Slazenger in 2000/01. A quick look on the awesome Cawthorn site brought up this odd little nugget of info -

WWF @ Oakland, CA - Arena - January 9, 2001 (14,325; sell out)

The Big Bossman pinned Tex Slazenger; Slazenger came out to Dusty Rhodes' WWF "American Dream" theme music

He got a win over Just Joe as well.