The Random/Weird/Quirky Photo Thread

EdgarTheSlouch

• Paid Members

Love those Herbie. The Jimmy Hart one is especially a belter. I'd love that XWF hat. Can you answer me an honest question: does Jimmy Hart dropped the gimmick ever? Or is he like that all the time? He's the one wrestler I've never seen out of his schtick. Did he ever have a normal conversation or is he pure Mouth of the South 24/7?

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
Love those Herbie. The Jimmy Hart one is especially a belter. I'd love that XWF hat. Can you answer me an honest question: does Jimmy Hart dropped the gimmick ever? Or is he like that all the time? He's the one wrestler I've never seen out of his schtick. Did he ever have a normal conversation or is he pure Mouth of the South 24/7?

We hung out with him for 3 full days, non-stop. Him and 2 other guys (an investor & a lawyer) flew into London for a meeting with TWC re the XWF footage. The meeting was fun but we were miles apart on money. At the start of the meeting, Jimmy gave us all a signed copy of Brooke Hogan's first single - pushed it across the table to impress us. The guys in Dolphin (our UK office) didn't give a fuck as they weren't wrestling marks - it was hilarious. And even the 2 of us who were (myself & my mate Jody who worked at TWC), still didn't give a shit about a Brooke Hogan CD. But what they did bring with them as an enticer, was a VHS tape of Hulk Hogan in a park wearing his feather boa, putting over TWC and plugging the XWF! It was amazing - Hogan cutting a promo about XWF coming to the UK on The Wrestling Channel. I marked the fuck out for the fact that something I started (TWC), made Hulk Hogan get off his arse into a park with a camera guy & shoot a promo. Now that shit we marked out for - but they wouldn't let us keep the tape.

We all stayed in London that night, and headed off to Uprising 3 the next day in a rental car. Then the day after that, we showed them all around London. He never dropped the gimmick - I think that's just who he is though. He never once buried anyone either. He was always in good form and a great laugh. One of the best weekends of my life.

Here's a photo of all of us in London - around 5 seconds before all the contents of Jimmy's bag fell out.

Jimmy%20Hart%20(4).jpg

• Awards Moderator

I always used to enjoy Bobby Roode when he popped up as a semi-regular enhancement guy on Velocity, Heat, Metal etc. Was there any reason why he was never signed?

Arch Kincaid was another one who turned up quite frequently, but he wasn't that good, and his hair was awful. Roode, however, always seemed as good as the guys he faced, even though he never won.