TheShowOff Posted May 27, 2014 Posted May 27, 2014 I find that picture of the Silverdome incredibly sad even though I've never been there. The venue of the WWF's zenith really. The venue is being auctioned off I believe. Would be cool if Vince bought it... EDIT, here's a photo from above
The Dart Posted May 27, 2014 Posted May 27, 2014 I find that picture of the Silverdome incredibly sad even though I've never been there. The venue of the WWF's zenith really. The venue is being auctioned off I believe. Would be cool if Vince bought it... EDIT, here's a photo from above The building isn't being auctioned, just everything in it. Will get demolished, it has no value. It sold for $500,000 a few years ago and hasn't been used since.
Paid Members garynysmon Posted May 27, 2014 Paid Members Posted May 27, 2014 Its crazy to think that such a huge venue has no value. Mind you, Pontiac in Michigan doesn't sound like a metropolis either.
Paid Members bAzTNM#1 Posted May 27, 2014 Paid Members Posted May 27, 2014 If you had shit falling from a disused stadium roof in the UK, they'd demolish it quick smart as an unsafe building. Well, they do that up here in Scotland.
Paid Members herbie747 Posted May 27, 2014 Paid Members Posted May 27, 2014 Some random photos of my own: Aries referring to an IWW wrestler called Dean Merton, who was a huge Aries mark. The IWW lads got him to hold up this sign. This was taken at the Main Event Wrestling show in November 2005 in Newcastle. The Champs. Take at International Showdown, March 19th 2005, Coventry. Darren Burridge's first gimmick. Alex Shane sitting at my desk in the TWC Dublin offices. When Mo Chatra came over for an appearance on The Bagpipe Report, I convinced him to stand out on my office balcony with a wig & bass guitar. Sorry Mo. This is August 2004,. Jimmy Hart in London, after a meeting with TWC re the XWF tapes. This is the day after FWA Uprising 3.
Paid Members IANdrewDiceClay Posted May 27, 2014 Paid Members Posted May 27, 2014 Love those Herbie. The Jimmy Hart one is especially a belter. I'd love that XWF hat. Can you answer me an honest question: does Jimmy Hart dropped the gimmick ever? Or is he like that all the time? He's the one wrestler I've never seen out of his schtick. Did he ever have a normal conversation or is he pure Mouth of the South 24/7?
Paid Members herbie747 Posted May 27, 2014 Paid Members Posted May 27, 2014 Love those Herbie. The Jimmy Hart one is especially a belter. I'd love that XWF hat. Can you answer me an honest question: does Jimmy Hart dropped the gimmick ever? Or is he like that all the time? He's the one wrestler I've never seen out of his schtick. Did he ever have a normal conversation or is he pure Mouth of the South 24/7? We hung out with him for 3 full days, non-stop. Him and 2 other guys (an investor & a lawyer) flew into London for a meeting with TWC re the XWF footage. The meeting was fun but we were miles apart on money. At the start of the meeting, Jimmy gave us all a signed copy of Brooke Hogan's first single - pushed it across the table to impress us. The guys in Dolphin (our UK office) didn't give a fuck as they weren't wrestling marks - it was hilarious. And even the 2 of us who were (myself & my mate Jody who worked at TWC), still didn't give a shit about a Brooke Hogan CD. But what they did bring with them as an enticer, was a VHS tape of Hulk Hogan in a park wearing his feather boa, putting over TWC and plugging the XWF! It was amazing - Hogan cutting a promo about XWF coming to the UK on The Wrestling Channel. I marked the fuck out for the fact that something I started (TWC), made Hulk Hogan get off his arse into a park with a camera guy & shoot a promo. Now that shit we marked out for - but they wouldn't let us keep the tape. We all stayed in London that night, and headed off to Uprising 3 the next day in a rental car. Then the day after that, we showed them all around London. He never dropped the gimmick - I think that's just who he is though. He never once buried anyone either. He was always in good form and a great laugh. One of the best weekends of my life. Here's a photo of all of us in London - around 5 seconds before all the contents of Jimmy's bag fell out.
Paid Members herbie747 Posted May 29, 2014 Paid Members Posted May 29, 2014 Not a photo, but here's a video I just uploaded to Youtube of the TWC plugs that TNA sent us in 2004, including outtakes.
Paid Members IANdrewDiceClay Posted May 29, 2014 Paid Members Posted May 29, 2014 That Tyrone off Corrie looking dweep on the end there ... ... and this Beverly Brother tribute ... ... turned into this pair some years later ... Quite the transformation.
Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted May 29, 2014 Awards Moderator Posted May 29, 2014 I always used to enjoy Bobby Roode when he popped up as a semi-regular enhancement guy on Velocity, Heat, Metal etc. Was there any reason why he was never signed? Arch Kincaid was another one who turned up quite frequently, but he wasn't that good, and his hair was awful. Roode, however, always seemed as good as the guys he faced, even though he never won.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.