Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

I'm reading old observers at the moment and noticed this in the here and there section from a 1998 listing:

Sky TV in England will be starting a weekly 30 minute wrestling show on 3/30 which will air both current All-Star Wrestling matches along with classic British matches from the 70s and 80s when it was popular on ITV

Did this ever actually air?

Edited by scotty_1120

• Paid Members

Hosted by Jeff Stelling.

I'm reading old observers at the moment and noticed this in the here and there section from a 1998 listing:

Sky TV in England will be starting a weekly 30 minute wrestling show on 3/30 which will air both current All-Star Wrestling matches along with classic British matches from the 70s and 80s when it was popular on ITV

Did this ever actually air?

Yeah, it was on the old "Sky Sports Gold" channel. It was, as KingofSports has said, hosted by Jeff Stelling (I have this weird feeling he was in a wrestling type set with a ring in the middle), and was just matches from the Big Daddy era. 30 minutes. Sky Sports Gold used to be on after Sky Sports 3 finished at 7pm.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

• Paid Members

When John Morrison was released, did it have much/anything to do with Melina?

Thinking about this Paige/Del Rio situation and how likely they are to get rid of a marketable commodity becaue of personal stuff

Morrison asked for his release because he was burnt out, needed neck surgery and wanted to have a go at being a stunt man/action star in Hollywood. There's no heat with WWE and hes doing pretty good for himself.

Aye Roman's only weakness is his mic skills, simple booking of not putting him on the mic would resolve that. Even then, his poor mic skills are probably down to strict scripting. He has everything else and is my wrestler of the year by a good bit - can't remember his last bad match.

Ambrose isn't a shitarse in the slightest. He's capable of putting on good matches and having an interesting character and some really intriguing promos.

Is he at his best now? Probably not. His cocky work for a week or two recently was some of his more intriguing work and it'd be good to see that carry on versus Cena and AJ.

All he needs is direction really. They relied too long on the fans just liking him for being the slightly crazy one without actually making him do much.