Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

Speaking of Triple H, I work with some "young" people at work, some of whom like wrestling. When I say young, i mean like 18/19 upwards, but the other day I was asked "You'll know....what does Triple H stand for?" , which then led into a giant discussion about them not knowing about his Hunter Hearst Helmsley days, and it made me feel very old.

on a similar note, I once asked someone of a similar age who Steve Austin was, and they said "oh he's that guy that comes out and drinks beer", clearly not knowing who he is in terms of "one of the best of all time/former champion etc".

And yet if you ask somebody else who Steve Austin is, you could just as easily get the reply that he's The Six Million Dollar Man. 

Thats who my dad thinks Steve Austin is.

Then again, he thinks The Great Khali is the best wrestler in the world, after seeing him on TV once. "Good lord, look at the size of his hands, he'd kill you. He must be champion or something...."

Summerslam '03 feels like it takes place on another planet. Older-than-now Undertaker vs Albert, partnering up with babyface blonde Stephanie McMahon in her war with Sable, Coach turning heel but not even retaining his heat long enough to see out the match with 03 Steve Austin loitering nearby, giant Vince and his haiwan shirt from a big-and-tall shop, and Punisher Nash having half a foot out the company and still main eventing. Nobody looks at all like the definitive version of themselves. Like on WWF Attitude on the PS1 where you put everybody in their fourth attire. It's dull chaos.

Speaking of Triple H, I work with some "young" people at work, some of whom like wrestling. When I say young, i mean like 18/19 upwards, but the other day I was asked "You'll know....what does Triple H stand for?" , which then led into a giant discussion about them not knowing about his Hunter Hearst Helmsley days, and it made me feel very old.

on a similar note, I once asked someone of a similar age who Steve Austin was, and they said "oh he's that guy that comes out and drinks beer", clearly not knowing who he is in terms of "one of the best of all time/former champion etc".

And yet if you ask somebody else who Steve Austin is, you could just as easily get the reply that he's The Six Million Dollar Man.

Thats who my dad thinks Steve Austin is.

Then again, he thinks The Great Khali is the best wrestler in the world, after seeing him on TV once. "Good lord, look at the size of his hands, he'd kill you. He must be champion or something...."

Excellent. Same as my Dad who thinks that Seamus must be the biggest and best star as he's always on mainstream TV over here! He literally thinks WWE is him

• Paid Members

My Dad's a man who is past the point of learning anything new. Like he used to call the Boogeyman "him that used to be Papa Shango." He even goes around the houses to just make his point, when actually learning the name of that person would be much easily. "Him from WWC" is AJ Styles. He means TNA, but he's thinking WCW and he cant even fucking get that right. "WWC" for fucks sake! He still calls it WWF as well. This is a bloke who watches it on a Sunday most weeks as well. Its been about 14 years since the name was changed. I believe its that Sunderland get so many different players each year, the part of his brain that occupies learning new things is taken up with who the new right winger is.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

I can't think about Dads and wrestling without smiling thinking about the the first time I went to wrestling with the late Raid Sr and he exclaimed "What the hell is that thing??" when he saw Luna Vachon.

I get where you're coming with with the two Tituses, but The Rock is a Hollywood star and Kaboul looks a bit like Vincent Kompany if he'd left his make up on from the night before, where he was trannying it up as Yohandra Koolbaby or something.

I get where you're coming with with the two Tituses, but The Rock is a Hollywood star and Kaboul looks a bit like Vincent Kompany if he'd left his make up on from the night before, where he was trannying it up as Yohandra Koolbaby or something.

No!!! Younes is the spit of Scorpion King Rocky!!!