Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

Sarcasm?

I think if so then your wrong. This was during Jarrett's sublime Double J-MMA parody gimmick.

Never heard of it or seen it - it just looks like another wrestler jumping on the MMA bandwagon - he'll be saying "pound & ground" next.

Thats the joke dot jay peg.

So he was taking the piss out of wrestlers who try to act like MMA fighters? If so, that's actually petty clever. I never saw any of it.

It should be on YouTube, that's where I saw it around about the time he was doing the gimmick, the segment where he's at the kids training school is hilarious

In fact, here it is - 

• Moderators

how many pieces of attire did Bret wear? What was the idea behind having trunks on top of the trousers?

Back in the day circus strongmen wore black trunks over flesh coloured tights to simulate bare legs, it became an accepted look to wear for performances of strength or athleticism and that's also why Superman wears trunks over his tights. Bret just does it to make sure his STDs don't fall out all over the place though.

That is a cool little bit of historical info. Cheers!

• Paid Members

Cesaro still wears Beats headphones to the ring. Tyson Kidd started doing this when he was a heel, because he knew it made him look like a douchebag. He was playing up the unattentive dickhead husband character that had got over on Total Divas. So what's Cesaro playing at? He's a babyface. He still seems completely hopeless at all the character stuff.

• Paid Members

I once met Cesaro in a Wolverhampton kebab shop, he seemed cool as fuck tucking into a chicken tika kebab and chips.

I say that should be his gimmick, walk out with a kebab, can of carling special brew and a tracksuit with dried blood down the front.

A backcountry accent would top it.

On a side Hero had the donna, the fat bastard.

What's he done now? Or expand please, I've heard the same.

He just popped up on something I was watching on the network and it just reminded me of how smug and cretinous he was post Montreal, like he was a massive part of it, and sort of taking credit. He just pisses me off

This WWE relationship with Evolve is an attempt at encouraging the talented independent guys (pursuing WWE) to go to Evolve rather than ROH, right?

Since seeing the article on WWE.com about the Evolve talent being touted as future stars it just seems to me that WWE are sending a message about where the next crop are coming from. Which is clever really and if the stuff about NXT wanting to one up ROH aggressively is true then it will send a message.

• Paid Members

I do not understand what they hope to gain by attacking ROH. They will gain no new fans by hurting a small alternative that by and large attracts fans that aren't interested in their own output.