Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

I know very few people on here bother with SmackDown any more, but the Rusev/Big Show interaction for the finish of the tag match against Ziggler and Ryback was brilliant. Rusev's character work is absolutely top notch. The show was also worthwhile for seeing the Dudleys in action again and plenty more of the new Wyatt Family.

It;s amazing seeing how agile The Giant is as well. Throwing drop kicks and his chokeslam's look amazing with the height he gets on them. Crazy to think that in just 3 years time he'd be in the WWF and most of that athleticism would be gone. It's like the Giant and the Big Show are two completely different people from here to 1999.

I think he had the operation on his pituitary gland at some point around that time. Whatever it did to stop his acromegaly, it really slowed his metabolism, so it slowed him right down.

Edited by hallicks

• Paid Members

Still don't get the 'Enzo and Cass' act. What's so good about it? They come out, say a load of total nonsense and then lose.

It's entertaining, they are totally dedicated to the characters and will sell loads of lovely merch when they get main roster spots down the road. Enzo isn't much of a wrestler but who cares, he's a Santino style character. It's a great act.

I can see they're invested in the characters and don't begrudge people liking them, it's been a long while since the catchphrase-based acts have been pushed heavily. I just don't get half of what they're on about. Maybe I am getting old. 

When I first saw Enzo & Cass I was like "huh? people are chanting their every word? surely that's not been going on long? How do people even remember?"

Now I'M chanting every word. They're just infectious and even with that routine to always fall back on, I see them adding more value to the division than an obvious comparison like N.A.O.

What really puts them over to me, it's not that they're 'invested' in their characters. They ARE their characters

Edited by sj5522

• Paid Members

Half of what they say has been picked up by me and my mates, which is what you want. When you're selling merch and people are copying your catchphrases you've as good as made it. Road Dogg and Billy Gunn arguably didn't have a single memorable match but they're touted as one of the most legendary teams ever.

When was the last time anyone spoke about The World's Greatest Tag Team?

Edited by FelatioLips

In-ring they're a classic odd couple combo - speedy guy, power guy. Outside, same again - mouthpiece and muscle. It doesn't matter if they lose, because their shtick is so over. On NXT, they've made it clear Zo is the weaker of the two, so if they lose, it's more about the heels picking on the little guy. Behind the scenes, I'm a huge Enzo supporter because he took a chance sending a promo vid to HHH having trained with Joe DiFranco, but worked and got beat up a lot to earn his spot. In and out of the ring, he's a real underdog, and he's helped Cass so much to come out of his shell so he's more than just a tall lump. They come over as genuinely great mates, with loads of genuine energy and really solid tag work. As for the spiel, what's not to get? Enzo fancies himself as a big shot, Cass is seven feet tall, and everyone they don't like is SAWFT (which is soft with an accent, dontchano). I can relate to their geekiness much more than Jason Jordan (who the bods REALLY wish could get over) or the fxxxing Hype Bros. Good luck to the lads!

This is an interesting debate that I've seen both sides of around the web;

Enzo & Cass need to drop Carmella? or no? I don't think she adds anything but another couple seconds of catchphrase, that could be seen as valuable in its own way though.

Just watchng the last episode of NXT, their hometown reaction and her hometown reaction, just poles apart. Crowd couldn't really be bothered to cheer her on and she was fighting Eva god damn Marie. I'm not sure having such a whiny voice in the mix is good for a face either

Edited by sj5522

I made a similar point in the NXT thread. On her own, she comes to the sound of silence as everyone had nipped off for a slash and to see what tshirts are left at the merch stand. With the lads she's part of the intro schpeal which, despite being the same thing verbatim for months on end and a bit too long for my liking, is over with the live crowd

• Paid Members

I can see they're invested in the characters and don't begrudge people liking them, it's been a long while since the catchphrase-based acts have been pushed heavily. I just don't get half of what they're on about. Maybe I am getting old.

Is that your getting old is that youright getting S-A-W-F-T