Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

Does anyone else think this Taker return to avenge Brock woulf have been much morr effective had he not come back for that nothing match with Wyatt at Mania?

What did that achieve anyway?

Yes.

I posted this the morning after his return.

This morning I watched the 22 minute hype video they have on the Network showing their history.

It starts with WM30, then explained how Undertaker was hospitalised after the match, then goes through all of the big Lesnar moments that followed (his matches at last years SummerSlam, this year's Rumble, and WrestleMania) and then shows Undertaker coming back for revenge last month.

So WWE seemingly want fans to believe Undertaker has not been seen since Lesnar beat him last year.

Also: Seth Rollins never did that curb stomp either. No sir.

I'd recommend checking the Smackdown main event of Cesaro and Neville vs Rollins and Owens from this week for a ten minute snapshot of what Cesaro is about at the moment. A cracking TV main event.

Agreed, there were a couple of sequences in that match that were fucking brilliant. Hard to gauge a Smackdown crowd reaction given the canned audience track, though it does feel like he's really got "something" in regard to crowd reactions at the moment.

• Paid Members

I was watching that Saturday Night telly thing ITV had on the other night, and Nasty Nigel from Pop Stars was saying he say the American Gladiators and thought that a British version of it would be massive. So they pumped a load of money into it, got a bunch of roid heads and promoted the hell out of it to put it in large arenas.

I dont believe for a second that the popularity of the WWF didnt have an influence on ITV doing Gladiators. WWF was massive in 1992 (when the wheels were set in motion for Gladiators), and Gladiators was pretty much wrestling without a ring. It was all jacked up people in costumes doing little storylines with heels and faces. You think with the WWF's appeal at the time, I wonder if ITV ever thought of doing a British version of the Sports Entertainment the WWF were pumping out at the time. They didnt spare a single expense on the Gladiators. The production of it was quite something. The Bulldog was free at the time as well. You could have built the show around him.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Probably would have been a bad idea to bring in the Bulldog at that time. You just know that some journo would get the real scoop on why he left the WWF suddenly and it would bring down the whole house of cards.

• Paid Members

I still rememember my mum popping round for a cuppa and commenting on Andy Orton she has also commented in the past on how " he doesn't look like a Ken". I kindly explained to her that what she actually just heard him referred to as was the " Big red machine Kane". Altough in his current role maybe Ken may be more fitting

• Paid Members

The steel cage in the classic Rock/Mankind/Shamrock match at Breakdown 98 is weird isn't it? It's the old Blue barred cage but it has a metal structure around the top like the modern cages. That was obviously for strength so they could lower the cage instead of building or dismantling it like they had done previously. Was that the first time it was used? Certainly wasn't at SummerSlam 97 when the cage match opened.

Not entirely sure where to post this but Amazon are selling most WWE t-shirts for £12.99 at the moment. Postage is an extra £3.99. Not sure when the sale ends.

Got myself an Ultimate Warrior shirt.

Legend! Got myself Sami Zayn and Ultimate Warrior's t-shirts. Cheers for sharing.

Not entirely sure where to post this but Amazon are selling most WWE t-shirts for £12.99 at the moment. Postage is an extra £3.99. Not sure when the sale ends.

Got myself an Ultimate Warrior shirt.

Legend! Got myself Sami Zayn and Ultimate Warrior's t-shirts. Cheers for sharing.

Does anyone know how these t-shirts are likely to measure up? I've not ordered a WWE tee in about 15 years but there are a couple of OK ones in there. Are their sizes accurate or am I better off going a bit bigger or smaller? 

Thanks.

Thanks for that, i'm going to get my son a Finn  Balor one. he's 7 so presumably a small youths will fit(ish)   I wanted to get him the Finn Balor / Finn the Human mashup t-shirt but cant bloody find it in kids sizes anywhere so wil have to get him an official one.but which one to get? the one without the face maybe...

no, the one with the face.. I can't bloody get him both

actually, I might get him a How You Doin one.... f*uck, why are wrestling shirts actually good now?

Edited by Harry Wiseau