Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

Only thing I'd watched with Owens was a torrent of his Kevin Steen Show with Cliff Compton and very little of his NXT stuff, so I wasn't a big indie supporter of his or anything. But fucking hell, he's been a breath of fresh air since he's debuted on the main roster. Easily the best promo lad in WWE not named John Cena. He pisses all over Bray Wyatt on the mic and in the ring too. Was surprised just how good he was in the ring actually, and he didn't get too gassed out either.

I've been looking on Youtube and Dailymotion for ages through crappy, pixelated copies of Davey Boy v Bret at Summerslam 92 that cut the ending off, then I remembered I have the whole thing in pristine quality just a few clicks away on the Network.

Edit - just watched it all the way through again, and the hairs never fail to stand up when Davey comes through that curtain or gets the pinfall. The boy from "Leeds, England" done good.

Do we think this is the greatest moment in British wrestling history?

Edited by Otto Dem Wanz

Im not buying into this love for KO, i know wrestlings changed a lot recently but i'm not having him as a top tier WWE guy. Bryan and Punk yeh, but Owens, noway. Cena done the job as he is no threat to him. Should have done the job to Bray last year or Rusev recently.

He did.

• Paid Members

Im not buying into this love for KO, i know wrestlings changed a lot recently but i'm not having him as a top tier WWE guy. Bryan and Punk yeh, but Owens, noway. Cena done the job as he is no threat to him. Should have done the job to Bray last year or Rusev recently.

He did.

That's clearly not what he means. He obviously means Cena should have lost the feud by decisively putting over the heel like Hogan Bruno Austin Bret HBK Rock Undertaker Warrior Triple H Barry Horowtiz would have done.

Owens has a lame tatoo and fat nose as well. I struggle to get past these things.

He can join up with Orton & Batista in Team Crap Tats and hang with the big boys that way instead.

Add The Rock and Lesnar to Team Crap Tats too. Seems like a club he'd be delighted to be a part of.

Yeah, probably the high point of the WWF's popularity in the UK in early 90s. Popularity fell off a cliff over here very quickly after it for some reason.

Davey getting shitcanned two months later didn't help.

Yea Davey getting future endeavoured didn't help things. But I think that the whole Vinny Mac steroid's investigation/trial thing didn't help much either, which in turn made the WWF focus on smaller guys not on the gas.  

They let Warrior go too IIRC, Hulk walked away to do Thunder in Paradise & then turn up a few years later in WCW etc. so once Davey was let go, they didn't really have a big UK star to focus on for the UK based shows. Plus I think the WWF went from Eurosport & Sky 1 to Sky Sports so most people might have switched off too because I think even back then Sky Sports was a subscription channel and the other channels were part of the sky package. So yea, a combination of a number of things really.