Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

Of course it can. He's Michael Buffer. You dont get him on the cheap. They also had to pay him for the rights to the "Ready To Rumble" name for that shitty film they did with Arquette. Buffer made millions of them. In terms of perception, he might have been worth it initially. He's the most famous ring announcer ever. He just legitimizes your show if you see him on there. He was awesome for those PPV main events. Its when he'd ring announce for tag team matches on random Nitro main events when it got shite.

One thing I loved about Bischoff when he was expanding WCW, he just went for it. Hulk Hogan, Gene Okerlund, Michael Buffer, Bobby Heenan, Dennis Rodman, Randy Savage, Muhammed Ali, Shaq. He threw bombs at the WWF during that period. WCW had the feel of the big time. I wonder who you'd have to get to do that now? Cena, Mayweather, Martin Tyler, Gary Neville. I have no idea. There seemed to be much more recognizable faces back then that resonated with the public.

• Paid Members

Its when he'd ring announce for tag team matches on random Nitro main events when it got shite.

Yeah, seemed a little bit of desperation at that point like a lot of things on the show. Before that it was a genius move. Worth every penny. Brought a sense of legitimacy and big-time feel that money can buy.

• Paid Members

Tyson wasnt under contract when he did the angle with Austin on Raw. Tyson's management went to WCW and tried to get WCW to hijack the WWF's angle. But Bischoff didnt think Tyson would be worth the $4 million. An underrated fuck up in the history of WCW. Imagine how things would have played out if Tyson showed up in an nWo shirt a week after a pull apart with Austin? WWF might not have recovered if WCW fucked their plans for WrestleMania 14.

Amazing really. Bischoff would have done that just out of spite if it was 1997 (like he did with Rodman). Sort of shows his arrogance to think WCW wouldnt be hurt by Tyson and Austin.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

I've changed my mind on the whole Roman Reigns thing. The negativity seems to be quite widespread. It's mostly bullshit about him being the new John Cena from the sort of people who were wetting themselves over him a year ago but there's definitely going to be a negative reaction in cities where these smarky cunts gather.

Awesome.

If the Cena Boo Boys decide to boo him, he's in big trouble.  He's nowhere near charismatic enough, as Cena was, to Rise Above all that.

He's been wrestling for 5 years - in the old days, that wouldn't be nearly enough to be the top guy.  In the modern 5 hours-a-week TV era, I guess you can't let people hang around the mid card for as long as, say, HBK or Hart.

• Paid Members

I expect him to beat Brock at WrestleMania. I just dont think Brock will be the champion by them. Looks like Brock is on job duty from now on. If he is leaving there's no way he's going over Cena again. And the fact Bryan is in the Rumble screams "plans change" to me.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

I just dont get the Reigns hype. Look is not everything and heritage doesnt mean you will immediately be a great wrestler. The Shield remnants all have flaws, but arent unfixable. Seth if he sorted his promos out is where I'd go. Reigns needs to do some growing up in terms of Wrestling.  5 Years is enough to start learning a trade but I wonder if his development would have been aided by being loaned out elsewhere...  I dunno perhaps that's just me