Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

The February PPV is called WWE FAST LANE.

What a shit name.

Don't see why they didn't go back to No Way Out, it was established as being part of the Road to Wrestlemania, in fact just call the show Road to Wrestlemania, the only point of the February PPV from about 2001 onwards is to set the table for the final Mania card anyway (Rock beating Angle for the belt, which was the most obvious result of a title match ever, being the best example)

Always thought it'd add a bit more shine to Survivor Series, Rumble and Mania if they just dropped the December and February PPV's anyway, I know there's financial reasons why they can't but it'd bring a lot of the 'big 4' appeal back to SS and RR while you've still got monthly PPV's April to November

They could probably do that now and just have the events in December and February as "Network Exclusives" I dont know if it would be that a big issue financial wise. If they promote it right, they could see an increase in numbers for the Network sign ups.

My train home for Christmas was delayed by a day so I've spent the evening reliving the Summer of Punk via Youtube. Can anyone remind me why JR was commentating on the Cena/Rey title match which preceded Punk's return two weeks after MITB?

It's a shame he seems to have been under orders to stay quiet once Cult of Personality came on. Jim giving it the old 'BAH GAWD, AUSTIN HAS MADE A DEAL WITH SATAN HIMSELF' treatment might've made it seem like less of the angle-killing wet blanket that it was.

• Moderators

HHH brought JR back giving it the whole "Someone's been gone from WWE, and you want him back, so I'm gonna give him you" and it was JR, not Punk. The crowd didn't mind that much though, and it led to another hilarious live humiliation of JR. This time a firing of JR by Johnny Ace while his wife was in the front row.

Since Lesnar got the belt at SummerSlam he has gone from 16th to 11th in the all time combined title reigns (for the WWE Title) overtaking Diesel, CM Punk, HBK and The Rock. Hes currently at 478+ and if he holds the title til Mania he will overtake Savage, HHH and Austin putting him 8th on 577 days.

Edited by Fanny Pack

• Paid Members

Should only count days he's actually there though really, or Scott Steiner is the current and longest-reigning WCW Heavyweight Champion of all time.

He lost it to Booker T on the last ever Nitro (unless your referring to the fact he still has the physical belt).

I am, yeah.

• Paid Members

I was going to do my annual "I went to the Attack Pro Bristol Xmas show and it was great) post, but in this case I think the results (courtesy of Hashtag Wrestling blog) pretty much speak for themselves...

Prior to the show Sebastian Radclaw pinned Wild Boar to win the ATTACK! 24/7 Championship *New Champion*, as the show began Scrooge (Damian Dunne) attack and pinned Radclaw to win the ATTACK! 24/7 Championship *New Champion*

Kid Lycos & Daft Bumps def. Old Poppa Sunflower & The Love Making Demon.

Arnold Schwarzenegger (Tyler Bate) def. Turbo  Man (Super Octane)

Snow Holds Barred: Grinch (Wild Boar) def. Rudolph (Ryan Smile)

Handicap match
Kevin McCallister (“Flash” Morgan Webster) def. The Wet Bandits (Mike Bird & Dan Maloney)

Flips & Forearms (Mark Andrews & Pete Dunne) def. Jack Skeleton & Sally (Chris Brookes & Nixon Newell)

Lumber Elf match for the ATTACK! 24/7 Championship
Santa (Eddie Dennis) def. Scrooge (Damian Dunne) © *New Champion*