Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

Sounds like Daniel Bryan has joined the list of wrestlers WWE thinks sells tickets , as they've been offering refunds for his non appearances on house shows. Only others I can think of who have had that in modern times are Cena, Undertaker and Jeff Hardy, and possibly Mysterio.

I just don't see what others see in Big E Langston

His matches suck even though they are kept short and its not like his mic skills are top notch (yet)

Happy to have him change my mind though

I don't rate Big E at present either, but he's only been in WWE for a few years and AFAIK didn't wrestle at all before signing with them. Others with similar experience like Bray Wyatt & Roman Reigns don't have the complete package either and it can be argued that they have the advantage of having wrestling in their blood.

I also have to agree with Arch, he's got a great physique but doesn't look all that tough.

I'd like to see them have a go at Big E's 5 count gimmick from NXT. It could really give him that extra fan support, and a few mid-carders like Miz and Zigger going down with a 5 count won't make their situation any worse than it currently is.

Sounds like Daniel Bryan has joined the list of wrestlers WWE thinks sells tickets , as they've been offering refunds for his non appearances on house shows. Only others I can think of who have had that in modern times are Cena, Undertaker and Jeff Hardy, and possibly Mysterio.

Punk said he knew he had made it, when he heard this announced at a show he couldn't perform on.

I was watching WWF UK Fan Favourites 93 last night and it amazed me at some of the commentary errors from Jim Ross and Gorilla Monsoon. It actually got to the point of spoiling the matches. One particular low point being during the El Matador vs Rick Martel match ( Butch's favourite series of all time~!) Ross can apparently recall each man defending their IC belt against each other years prior to this bout. Astonishing really, because to my knowledge Martel never held the IC strap. They also claimed each man knew the other man's next move, through years of facing each other. Whilst that may be true, they didn't once acknowledge that they used to be a tag team. Utterly baffling, just goes to show that absolutely no one checked or edited the Coliseum Home Video releases.

I was watching WWF UK Fan Favourites 93 last night and it amazed me at some of the commentary errors from Jim Ross and Gorilla Monsoon. It actually got to the point of spoiling the matches. One particular low point being during the El Matador vs Rick Martel match ( Butch's favourite series of all time~!) Ross can apparently recall each man defending their IC belt against each other years prior to this bout. Astonishing really, because to my knowledge Martel never held the IC strap. They also claimed each man knew the other man's next move, through years of facing each other. Whilst that may be true, they didn't once acknowledge that they used to be a tag team. Utterly baffling, just goes to show that absolutely no one checked or edited the Coliseum Home Video releases.

Was it ever acknowledged that they were a team?

I know this is an exceptional case, as I'm sure one was "El Matador Tito Santana" and the other was "Rick the Model Martel". As a fan of the historical stuff it's obvious they were one and the same.

However, at the time (92/93) did WWF commentators acknowledge this, or was it treated the same way as Repo Man is just that - we don't talk about how he was Demolition Smash.

Was it ever acknowledged that they were a team?

I know this is an exceptional case, as I'm sure one was "El Matador Tito Santana" and the other was "Rick the Model Martel". As a fan of the historical stuff it's obvious they were one and the same.

However, at the time (92/93) did WWF commentators acknowledge this, or was it treated the same way as Repo Man is just that - we don't talk about how he was Demolition Smash.

Early doors the split was acknowledged it deffo featured on WWF programming as until I saw them teaming together I was always bemused as to who this 'Strike Force' was. Possibly Survivor series 89 where it all fizzled out?

Santana's stock fell after a sabbatical some time in 1991 where he wrestling elsewhere and then returned as El Matador ( though he claims was a shoe in for a World Title Run, that would go to Bret because of the Canadian expansion) On that return, there certainly naff all I can remember linking the two together as a tag team.

I got into wrestling right around the time the El Matador vignettes were airing, and it wasn't long after that that I knew him and The Model were former tag partners. I don't know if that was because commentators talked about it or because I'd got an old magazine at the car boot with Strike Force in it.

Had the question 'which US president died on the last month of the last year of the 18th century?' at my pub quiz. We worked out it was 1799 and said Lincoln was later than that. We realised it must be Washington. I jotted the answer down, handed it and was horrified to find out I'd put Abraham Washington as the answer.

Had the question 'which US president died on the last month of the last year of the 18th century?' at my pub quiz. We worked out it was 1799 and said Lincoln was later than that. We realised it must be Washington. I jotted the answer down, handed it and was horrified to find out I'd put Abraham Washington as the answer.

e5218801.gif

Edited by Loki

• Paid Members

Brilliant, I have done similar at work. We were trying to identify the name of someone in another office, we knew the surname was Jacobs.

My first guess was incorrect, apparently the IT admin assistant in question isnt the brother of Taker. And he's a she.