Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members
To be fair, I don't think Goldberg falls into the "real people" category, quite the opposite really.

Didn't he play the bit of a big tough fucker who used to play in the NFL so well because in truth he was just a big fucker who used to play in the NFL?

Goldberg was pretty much as base as it gets.

Unless the point is them looking like a man in the street, but its clearly not as he brought up Sammartino who was a right burly cunt.

Edited by Tommy!

To be fair, I don't think Goldberg falls into the "real people" category, quite the opposite really.

Didn't he play the bit of a big tough fucker who used to play in the NFL so well because in truth he was just a big fucker who used to play in the NFL?

Goldberg was pretty much as base as it gets.

Unless the point is them looking like a man in the street, but its clearly not as he brought up Sammartino who was a right burly cunt.

Let me clarify, I mean guys you wouldn't notice if they walked into an airport. I reckon you would notice Austin and Goldberg, you wouldn't have noticed Race (maybe the afro, not the size), you wouldn't have noticed Dusty (or maybe you would have for the wrong reasons). I take the point that Bruno was very big, somehow though I believe that if he had been born 30 years later, even increasing his size in proportion, he would have been nowhere near the big one, let alone for many years. He was booked that way because he was booked for a mostly-"italian" crowd, just like Dusty was booked to the top in front of people who could relate to him.

I know many WWF fans who couldn't believe Dusty was a main eventer when he arrived, couldn't believe the hype of Race, can't believe that Sammartino was such a legend with his really basic gig and couldn't even believe that Flair was number 1 in the world when he first arrived in '91.

You may not agree with some of my points, but what I'm saying overall is just that it's sometimes very hard to understand why people in other countries or other eras were so over, many westeners don't get, for another example, the appeal of Inoki or, worse, Baba.

Bret Hart's reigns were a success, but at first many casual viewers couldn't believe he was wearing the same belt that Warrior and Hogan were wearing less than 2 years earlier, all because of what they were used to seeing. That would have never happened in NWA, their belt was "Flair's", they were used to it.

Personally speaking, I don't put Race and Rhodes into the same category at all. Race sounded and acted like a double-hard bastard, even if he wasn't particularly large or muscular. Dusty just seemed like a joke to me. A big fat man with silly hair and a speech impediment. While they came from the same era and had the "not WWF style musclemen" thing in common, they are world's apart in terms of their personal promo and match styles.

What a load of shite 'Vintage' Collection was this week. Booker T v John Cena for the whole show?

It's mid 90's WCW and Prime Time Wrestling for me or nothing.

I skipped that one aswell. Watched Bret Hart vs Stone Cold from Survivor Series. Great match.

• Paid Members

He would for sure. A white bloke with a gingery afro/ handlebar'tache combo who looked like a hard as nails Captain Birdseye. No way he would just blend in.

I love Race. A great look, believable (because he really was a hard bastard), and for me the best voice ever in wrestling. Race could sing Bah Bah Blacksheep and make it sound threatening.

According to Wikipedia, the Wrestlemania 29 card is as follows:

John Cena Vs The Rock II WWE Championship

Sheamus Vs Randy Orton Vs Alberto Del Rio Vs Dolph Ziggler Fatal Four Way World Heavyweight Championship

Beth Phoenix Vs Kharma WWE Divas Championship

The Miz Vs Daniel Bryan Intercontiental Championship

The Undertaker Vs Brock Lesnar

Stone Cold Steve Austin Vs Cm Punk

Triple H Vs Shawn Michaels

Edge Vs Christian

Rey Mysterio Vs Sin Cara

A.J Vs Kelly Kelly in a stripper match

20 Man Preshow Battle Royal, For #1 Contender to join Daniel Bryan Vs The Miz

Can't wait for that stripper match.

According to Wikipedia, the Wrestlemania 29 card is as follows:

Well Edge Vs Christian and CM Punk Vs Stone Cold wont happen I'll guarantee that, Id prefer to see HHH Vs HBK Vs The Undertaker personally and Brock Lesnar Vs The Rock, maybe have Daniel Bryan Vs John Cena, the 4 way doesn't inspire much enthusiasm out of me.

I wouldn't put too much thought into it.

Apparantly, according to Lords Of Pain, Ryback suffered a nsty cut, bad enough his match with Jinder Mahal was cancelled by Doctors Orders, and declared a no contest. Does this now give Ryback a loss XD If anyone can track down an image, please post it, I wanna see how bad it was for a match to be canceled after 2 minutes