Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

His original "pipebomb" no longer stands up for me but his contract signing with Vince McMahon is still absolutely brilliant to watch and I watch it every so often. It's perfect, right until the end. Vince was brilliant, Punk was brilliant and Cena was brilliant. It genuinely felt like he riled Cena.

• Moderators

Because it's mocking a certain kind of Rock music, the kind knobs do "the horns" to, and Rock shouted in a bad accent is "RAWK" as opposed to saying it properly and with dignity and sounding like Tommy Vance like when he used to say "Rock". RAWK being shouty music for pseudo-rebellious teenagers. Shit rock, essentially. Or RAWK. And while it winds people up, it shall be used.

Edited by PowerButchi

Why do people spell 'Rock' music 'RAWK' if they don't like it or something? was that a thing at one point? its terrible either way and should be left wherever its from.

I take it more to denote a certain type of reductive, generic strain of rock. I've never heard of anybody refer to decent rock bands as 'RAWK' even if they don't like the genre. It's just something for your Fozzys and 15:30 at Downloads of the world. The kind of bands with lyrics some dude around here had in his sig before being all like "you can take your whiskey and coke you big phoney liars but we are the true generation and we will rise up."

• Paid Members

I remember Vince laid down a rule that most guys had to have their hair cut, that's why they all seem to have been shorn around the same time.

Didn't Kazarian lose his job because he reused to cut it? Then cut it of his own accord less than a year later. What a numpty. 

Yes he did. What a numpty Kazarian was. Is he still grappling?

Edited by bAzTNM#1

• Paid Members

I remember Vince laid down a rule that most guys had to have their hair cut, that's why they all seem to have been shorn around the same time.

Didn't Kazarian lose his job because he reused to cut it? Then cut it of his own accord less than a year later. What a numpty. 

That never happened quite like that. Kaz quit because he didnt like working there. The hair thing started, because Johnny Ace said "cut it" and Vince said "put it in a ponytail" but by that point he decided to hand his notice in. The "he didnt want to cut his hair" thing was some rumour someone in the office told Meltzer.

That would be a huge waste, she's Gold on Smackdown at the minute. The distinguished voice-over for her entrance is genius.

Surely ANYONE female wrestler from the Performance Center could replace Eva Marie and be equally as good in her role?

The voice-over guy is good, her lame excuses for not competing are good, but as far as her walking out and doing what she does - it's not like she's an incredible one of a kind performer.

Look at Mandy Rose who debuted on NXT this week for example. She's beautiful, carried herself like a superstar, and is very green. All the same qualities Eva Marie possesses.

This viewpoint from some fans that she's some amazing performer is up there with Mr Kennedy in 2006 and Zack Ryder in 2011 on my list of people in which I didn't see what everybody else was seeing.

Edited by dopper

• Paid Members

Yeah, Eva Marie really does nowt apart from look like she's always trying to woo old Bollocks (FYI, I'd consider), but part of the Eva Marie appeal, as a heel, is she gets heat from the fans because they see her as a "you can't wrestle" Diva Search type. Maybe they get some other green girl to do it, but will she have the same sort of heat with fans? I'm not so sure.